Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: kimber solo

Default if

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    just from piecing together all the available info buzzing around from the early, pre-introduction reviews (first group of beta testers), I believe the Solo is a fully cocked, striker fired system with no other (manual) safety system except the manual thumb safety. Thus, an almost identical manual of arms to the Colt Mustang and the now produced Sig P238 (Mustang reproduction). Sounds to me, if I'm reading this all correctly, that Kimber has come up with something new here. I first thought that the manual ambi safety was just to be Kalifornia kompliant, but now believe it to be a necessary part of the equation due to firing mechanism design. Someone smarter than me will have to describe the mechanism... I'm just guessing.

surv
    so might as well have a 1911 style system if its bonna be cocked and locked to safety. I just would not like that, certainly it would be a more accurate shooter due to the single action system but not a pocket gun like I would want. Kahr just won my heart back again..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Question

Well, this says it's single action striker fired: http://www.kimberamerica.com/solo/so...arry-stainless
    They also have a shorter 2.75" barrel; PM9 has 3" ... in the photos it looks like they have shifted the barrel and all forward relative to the Kahr ... maybe to make room for their trigger system and safety?
    "The wind blew, the shxt flew; ya couldn't see for a week or two ... "
    ~ Shakespeare

OK, now I see where the 1.2" width comes into play. They are indeed talking about frame width and that would have to include the outtermeasurments of both manual safety's..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

one reviewer said he measured the actual slide itself to be 0.92". I figured the 1.2" was including the ambi safety