Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discounted NRA membership upgrades

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Discounted NRA membership upgrades

I've been an NRA Life Member for decades. Got it years ago when I was single with more disposable income. Anyway I've been feeling a bit bad recently as I haven't sent them any money probably since that time. (I've been dumping what little extra money I have into the equally worthy SAF since they are spearheading a lot of the more recent successful 2A lawsuits. But I digress.)

Anyway I got the normal solicitation letter from the NRA recently, only to discover that they have a discount now in upgrading to the next level of membership. Normally to go from a Life Member to an Endowment Life Member is an extra $1,000. Love to, but sorry I just don't have that much spare money sitting around right now. Fortunately, until sometime in March, they are offering discounted membership upgrades for $250. Still a lot of money, but hey it is a good cause and we need a strong NRA, SAF, and all other similar groups healthy, especially in this current climate. So even though it hurt I bit the bullet and upgraded.

Dunno if this same discount on upgrades applies to other membership levels as well, e.g. going from a standard Member to Life. Doesn't hurt to check it out.

If anyone is interested, you can do this online at:
    www.NRA-Activate.org
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

I joined as a life member back in 1962? for $150 and had 3 years to even pay that balance off. what a deal. Course back then 150 was a ton of bucks to, but today I look back on it as a verynice investment..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I joined as a life member back in 1962? for $150 and had 3 years to even pay that balance off. what a deal. Course back then 150 was a ton of bucks to, but today I look back on it as a verynice investment..
    Wow. That's a very good deal indeed. When I joined it was up to a grand, and I paid the full price. Fresh out of college that hurt too, but as I said I had no family & no responsibilities so it was a bit easier to justify making that investment. Glad I did though.
    Ray

SAF Life Member

have no idea today what life membership cost is???? course we are talking 49 years ago to.

I paid $1600 for a new dodger 6 cylinder pick up truck back then to...Hell u can't buy 4 tires for one today for that..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Aaah the ole days. I remember my first job pumping gas (when we used to wash windows, check oil and air tires etc) and regular was 28 cents a gallon and we were the highest price in town. People would drive off in a huff cause the boss was robbing them.

Imagine the line if a guy could do that today. Full service, windows washed, headlights wiped off, oil checked, all by an angel. Have to hire people to direct traffic and count our money.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I remember we sold Mobil gas for 32.9 and did all that courtesty stuff to. can"t remember 28Cents. amazing when you think of it. The dealer made money, the fella that trucked it to you made money, the oil company made money, the foreigners who shipped it over here made money, the shipping company made money.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My wife and I are life members in training. Still paying. I think it is a good investment as NRA is the big kahuna of gun owner organizations.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV (as told to high school students.)

can one still today join as a life member and make payments for a given amount of time?????

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    can one still today join as a life member and make payments for a given amount of time?????
    Just looked it up:

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

Full price is $1K, or 40 payments of $25.
    Ray

SAF Life Member

NRA Benefactor Member. Been that for awhile now. In all fairness....paid full price for Life a lifetime ago, no pun intended. But Endowment, Patron, and Benefactor came over the years through discount upgrades. Wife's Life membership also purchased at a discount some years back.