Tommy Gun   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see some Zootshooter firearms!

Default Let's see some Zootshooter firearms!

I, for one, would like to see some of the guns that the Zootshooters from around the country use in their matches. I haven't been lucky enough to attend a match yet but I'll start with what I would use under the current rules.

Maybe my New Service with 4 1/2 inch barrel in 38 wcf caliber with my Remington model 14 1/2R carbine in matching caliber?

Or if the rules change then maybe a 351 Winchester with some original 10-round mags and a 1925 era 1911 as a combo?

Those sure are some purty weapons, AK.......I'm fond of that 1911...
    Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

SA M1A1 SBR Thompson owner
    http://floridasmostwanted.webs.com/

Neat pics guys! There were some truly lovely firearms in that era. Anything John Browning touched was beautiful in my eyes.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Thank you for the kind words. I'm surprised that no one else wants to share? I've got some more - how about these for a change of pace? Snub nose 38 with ivory grips and a Remington model 11 riot (I know there are no shotguns in Zootshooting but I still have hope).

Or a 1902 Colt Military in 38 acp?

Very nice Alvin! I'd share my Zoot Shooters' guns but it'd look like an Auto-Ordnance ad

For right now, some inspiration - found this online, a Remington Model 11 made in 1928 with a factory 10 round magazine tube. That was for 'market hunters', who commercially harvested fowl for restaurants and hotels.

Hustler - I don't see anything wrong about showing some Kahr products used in Zootshooting. I've been looking at their Tommys for a while now.

Story - good to hear from you man! (I'm Levallois over at the Fedora Lounge) - and that Model 11 - wow! - what a powerhouse that would be.

Creepy - That 1902 military is simply beautiful....

I'm like The Hustler....I've got a M1A1 AO Thompson, but I'm not a Zoot (yet)...but, I'd still like to see The Hustler's guns!
    Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

SA M1A1 SBR Thompson owner
    http://floridasmostwanted.webs.com/

Ghostrider - I'd love to see your Thompson too!

And in the too much time on my hands category - another artsy-fartsy photo (it's raining outside and I can't do my chores). Savage M1915 (hammerless and made for only one year) in 32acp.