Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see some Zootshooter firearms!

My artsy-farsty contributions...

Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

SA M1A1 SBR Thompson owner
    http://floridasmostwanted.webs.com/

Ghostrider - nice Thompson! I'll never be able to afford a full auto like yours but I'll have a semi some day.

AK

Okay, here ya go...

My Auto-Ordnance 1927A1 Thompson and 1911A1

The M1903 used as a "guest gun" in the 2009 Championship match and same 1911A1

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Karpis View Post
    Ghostrider - nice Thompson! I'll never be able to afford a full auto like yours but I'll have a semi some day.

AK
    Never fear, Alvin...mine's a semi...I've got the "full auto look" for about 1200 bucks total invested!

My next purchase will be the '27A like Hustler's...
    Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Karpis View Post
    Story - good to hear from you man! (I'm Levallois over at the Fedora Lounge) - and that Model 11 - wow! - what a powerhouse that would be.
    1. Likewise.

2. Stay tuned.

3. For the rest of you mugs that're wondering what we're talking about, it's a Golden Age oriented forum, primarily oriented towards 1930s fashions (hence, the Fedora). You want an authentic look, it's a great place to check out. Seriously, if you're going to shoot this period you need a hat and this is the best place to read up on them.

I'd link you to the Zootshooting thread, but it's in a Members Only folder. How about 'Concealed Weapons fashion'?
    Concealed (Weapon) Fashion - The Fedora Lounge

This'd be appropriate, if I was playing a rumrunner on the Canadian border : 1916 Webley Mk VI in the original .455 chambering, with (faux) ivory grips and riding in an Ostrich-skin shoulder holster.

Pimpin', eh?

The FL is great...been there since 2007 myself...and it's a never-ending source of information for vintage-inspired folks....
    Rob

Ditto praise for Fedora Lounge - it's definately for people like me who never was taught how to wear more formal clothes, vintage clothes and hats.

Ghostsoldier - your semi-M1A1 intrigues me - it's obviously a SBR and had to be registered with the govt, right? What kind of hassle was that? And, what was the sequence - i.e, do you tell the feds through your application that you want to create one of these and once they approve then you do, or ? Thanks!

AK

Alvin,

Auto-Ordnance sells Thompsons that are already registered as SBRs. You can purchase one through a Class III dealer. After you purchase the SBR you have to fill out a form and have your sheriff sign it or register it under a LLC. You then mail it to the BATFE with a check for $200. After they approve your request (this can take several weeks or months) they send the form back to the dealer. The form has a big "postage stamp" on it that shows $200 not $.44. The stamp has the serial number hand written on it. There is also a registration number ink stamped at the top of the form. Once your dealer has your approved form, he releases the SBR to you with the document. This document (or at least a photo copy) must always accompany the SBR.

If you already have a Thompson and want to convert it to a SBR, take it to a Class III manufacturer. They can put a new serial number on it and install the short barrel. You would then follow the same process as mentioned before.

I'm not sure what happens if you are denied by the BATFE, but I assume the dealer or manufacturer would have to sell the SBR to someone else and then refund your money. I do not believe you can do either in reverse because the SBR's serial number must be on the form that you submit to the BATFE. BATFE will also keep your $200.

Not all states allow possession of Class IIIs. This is the procedure for Colorado. Check your local laws and make sure that your local sheriff will even sign off on a Class III. Ask a your dealer or BATFE agent. Check out this website...Class III Weapon Sales There is some ownership info on it and pics of his very impressive Tommy Gun collection.

I hope this info helps and please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thumbs up

Someone in Colorado is working on their own Colt Monitor...

1918A3 SLR , Colt Monitor project - 1919a4 forums