CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kahr CW9 = RECOIL MONSTER!?!?!?

I have Hogue grips on my CW9 and I found that it significantly improves the feel of the gun vs. when they are off. I agree with kingcreek that felt recoil is in the hand of the beholder. Having said that in my experience the CW9 has less felt recoil to me than similar small CCW guns. But on the other hand I prefer standard pressure load ammunition with my CW9 vs. +P (still hollow point of course). I find that I can get the front sight back on target faster with standard loads than not, due to the increased recoil of +P. I figure in a self defense situation I might make slightly smaller holes, but I'll make more of them, and have them where I want them, vs. +P.
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

I was also hitting low when I first got my PM9, but once I learned to "stage" the trigger things got better. Lots of good advice from the folks in this forum.
    Why is it that every time there is a shooting spree they want to take the guns away from the people that didn't do it? :59:

The recoil you describe is highly unusual in the Kahr's I've shot. One reason I chose to carry the CW9 is its lack of noticable recoil. Were you, by any chance, shooting +P or some other hot load? If that is not the case, perhaps you can find another owner and compare yours to theirs.

I, too, have added a sleeve to the grip. It is more comfortable and gives me a sense of better control.
    NRA Lifer Since 1971

As I recently posted elsewhere, the recoil of my new P9 surprised me. I'd shot the K9 and other 9s, and always found the 9mm round to be very mild. But, the P9 is lightweight, and the recoil was more than I was expecting. Still, it's only a 9mm and I'm used to 40S&W. I don't think I'd call any 9mm a "monster," but that's just me. Try one of the thicker grip sleeves (rather than just bicycle inner tube).

Had to reply to this post.

If you think the recoil is bad, try shooting a kel tec PF9 or even the P3AT. The little P3AT is working at the ragged edge.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post
    If you think the recoil is bad, try shooting a kel tec PF9 or even the P3AT. The little P3AT is working at the ragged edge.
    ain't that the truth! I'd rather take my chances by THROWING those at a thug.
    Based on personal experiences, I'd say that the recoil from my CW9, PM9 AND CW45 are very mild. I LOOOVE the thud that the CW45 delivers.
    Don't go ninjin' nobody who don't need ninjin'!

Pine Mountain, Ga. will always be HOME.

CZ 2075 Rami 9
    CZ PCR D (2)
    S&W Shield 9mm (2)
    Kahr CM9
    Mossberg 930 SPX
    Remington 597
    PSA/Spikes AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by nojusthappytoseeyou View Post
    as i recently posted elsewhere, the recoil of my new p9 surprised me. I'd shot the k9 and other 9s, and always found the 9mm round to be very mild. But, the p9 is lightweight, and the recoil was more than i was expecting. Still, it's only a 9mm and i'm used to 40s&w. I don't think i'd call any 9mm a "monster," but that's just me. Try one of the thicker grip sleeves (rather than just bicycle inner tube).
    port it!!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    port it!!

My P9 isn't bothering me as it is; it's just more recoil than I was expecting based on shooting the K9.

But, I read the recent porting thread and my takeaway was that porting didn't really make all that much of a difference. Did I come to the wrong conclusion?

I don't see that redterror has responded or even been back. I think the recoil thing was a hoax. The PM9 has hardly any recoil , and the CW9 is bigger (P9 size). My LCP 380 snaps more than the PM9. :-)

ur sure did:

Magnaport.com read up in it..

the P9 is actually a very nice gun, but one shouldnot compare recoil of it to the K9. there is certainly a difference and weight is one factor for sure..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY