Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Replacement barrel - frunstration / diappointment ..

Kahr makes a nice gun when they actually get it right.

It seems far too many products come from the factory with factory defects. They really need to get their act together in this regard. Especially at the Kahr price point.

I've had my own issues with Kahr. I ordered wood grips and they sent me screws that won't even work. I've begun to question if they should even be in the business of building deadly weapons with the kind of QA they have.

aw, come on now, wrong screws, for grips, and u think they should not be building guns. Wow. carrying that alittle to far IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Tks for pointing out, Singlestack, do you have a PM9 too, can you be kind enough to post a pix on the right side of your barrel for comparison purpose?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, something catch my attention. Below is S x S between the original barrel and the replaced barrel, clearly the original did not have the guide-rode cut. Another marvelous example of lack of QA and consistency in their machining and inspection process. Million dollar question: How could something this obvious be missed by the operator / assembler during the assembly process.. ...????

To those in the know, I am wondering about the recess cut in the barrel lug. I just purchased a new PM9 and mine doesn't have the circular cut. Mine has a straight line cut. In reading this thread, it looks like the barrels come both ways. Are the barrels with the straight cut defective? Later in this thread someone mentioned that their first and third barrels have straight cuts, but the second barrel has a circular cut. I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. I haven't shot the pistol yet. I don't want to shoot it if I have a problem. Help and advice would be appreciated!!!!!!

mine is straight cut, don't worry about it. the recoil lug just sits flush against that barrel lug.. Ihave thousands of rounds out of my PM9.Round cut or straight cut, they both will function correctly

Thanks Jocko. I was hoping you would see my post. In familiarizing myself with this forum I gather that you have a good deal of knowledge and experience with the Kahr's. Thanks again!!!!

Only Kahr can give us a definitive answer the question, if they would answer this question.

Obviously, me for one (may be I'm the one and the only one) got luck out to receive barrels of supposedly the "current version" with both cut. Per User Manual, the cut is supposedly to serve as an index where the guide rod should be seated.

My PM9 have had gone thru a total of 3 barrels, 1st (original) has a straight cut. 2nd has a circular, 3rd (now in my PM9) has a straight cut. The 2nd barrel had NEVER been fired, it was returned straight back to Kahr for other issues".

Can we say 66% of the barrels ahve starigth cut? May be... but that's only based on one single data point

But the "best" news is: both 1st and the 3rd barrels have straight cut, and both function perfectly -- so far after <500 rounds .

So may be we should not sweat on how the cut was made as long as it goes bang.

If you need definitive answer (on Kahr's spec), you need to call them up.... and pls report back if you do get answer to this question, curious minds like to know, too.

Stay safe, enjoy your new PM9, and wish you a very Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by xzhync View Post
    To those in the know, I am wondering about the recess cut in the barrel lug. I just purchased a new PM9 and mine doesn't have the circular cut. Mine has a straight line cut. In reading this thread, it looks like the barrels come both ways. Are the barrels with the straight cut defective? Later in this thread someone mentioned that their first and third barrels have straight cuts, but the second barrel has a circular cut. I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. I haven't shot the pistol yet. I don't want to shoot it if I have a problem. Help and advice would be appreciated!!!!!!

I do think the later (newer) barrelsl are now straight cut. Why they made this change I cannot say but I can guess. In the last few years kahr has went to the recoil assembly with that washer that fits against the barrel lug to 1/2" in diameter where as in the earlier models, that recoil lug (washer) was 3/8" and I would guses that maybe back then that recess was there as maybe their design people thouught it should be and today, they have found out that it is not needed. Justmy SWAG on this.