Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: PM40 mag question

Default PM40 mag question

I just purchased a spare 5-round mag for my PM40. It's not like the one I recieved with the gun. Booth look identical except for the engraving on the side.

The mag from the factory reads "40 KAHR".

The mag I ordered reads "MK KAHR". Model # is KS520, that's what I ordered and that's what the package says. That's the part # from Kahr's web site. It fits and loads .40 rounds fine.

Problem is the new mag's side view holes are drilled in a different place. They start higher up. Which means you can't see how many rounds are in the magazine when it's loaded, or partially loaded. None of the bullets align with theh view holes.

Normal? Did I buy the wrong mag? Whazzup? Is the spring in backwards or something? (I haven't had time to open it up yet)

On the plus side, the MK KAHR mag ejects with authority with a nice crisp feel to the mag release button.

My PM KAHR mag ejects but it a little sluggish on exit and the release button feels a bit mushy.

I'd rather have the well performing mag ejection, but it would be nice to see how many rounds are in the mag.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

I've got the 40 Kahr 5 round mag for my PM40. The 4 holes are drilled properly to demonstrate how many rounds are in it; and it releases properly. I am guessing your mag MAY have some manufacturing problems and suggest you post some photos so I can compare (if possible) and/or send it back for a replacement.
    Just my initial reaction and hope it helps you in the end.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

The MK KAHR mag clearly has a different body than the PM KAHR mag that came from the factory. See how there's an extra hole and the holes are not aligned with the bullets? Is this a 9mm mag body? 40cal rounds fit in it just fine, has the correct follower.

I just tried and I can fit a .40 in my 9mm mags. I bet you have a 9mm mag. Also the number of witness holes fits for the 9mm.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

I bet you have a 9mm mag. Also the number of witness holes fits for the 9mm.
    I'd bet that you are correct jackblack73. Good pick-up. (They need that extra in the 9...haha.)

Mudfish, I'd send it back.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

It's definately not the correct mag. Odd, since the package is labled correctly. Looks like Kahr screwed up the label? I thought the price was too good to be true... $29 + $6 shipping. Shipping it back for a refund, this time I'll just buy direct from Kahr to make sure I get the right magazine.

Or, tell me quick if anybody here wants to buy it from me before I make a trip to the post office.

$35 shipped. Apparently this is a 9mm mag. Anyone?