Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: CM40 and CM45 in the Future?

Default CM40 and CM45 in the Future?

I was thinking about the new CM9 that's coming out and was wondering if Kahr will come out with a CM40 and 45. That would be awesome. I would like a compact and inexpensive 45 to carry when I go camping later this year. I do like the PM45's size but not the $800 price tag that I've seen locally. I think that it's likely that they will come out with 40 and 45 models later on, especially if the CM9 is a success. I think it will be.

Well, we may be in luck, as jocko seems to think that it' ll happen before the end of the year. Me, I sure as hell hope so, as I'll take two of both. We all know my disdain for anything smaller than a 40.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

jocko will bet one milk shake on that!!!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    jocko will bet one milk shake on that!!!
    Hahaha

It would also be great if they come out with a C380 to finish the new lineup.

CM40, and CM45 work fine for me. I'll side with jocko, Kahr would be foolish not come out with them. Put me down for a milkshake too.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

This may be me, But i think Kahr may have shot itself in the foot on this one. Quite possibly on purpose.

This is my take on the CM line.
    Its all about a small size it takes from the PM line, And borrows the lower amount of machining from the CW line and merges them.
    People will pay more for the smaller size, But they wont pay more for the extra machining the PM line has when they can get the same gun cheaper.
    So the CW line will live on due to its low price, But larger size is usually what pushes people to the PM line.
    But with the CM line they get a PM sized gun cheaper with no need to actually buy a PM.
    That could be Kahrs response to all the lower priced micro 9mm's that are hitting the market.

Now the bad news, I dont think we will see a CM40 or CM45 until the market forces Kahr to lower prices to keep up with the competition. As for now there are no micro .40's or .45's like Kahr has in the PM line of guns.