Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace

Thread: Broke in my Brand New P380 today...

erikmcm Guest

Default Broke in my Brand New P380 today...

Ok, got rid of my PM9 last week(which was a week old) and decided to give Kahr another shot with it new P380, I payed top dollar for it on Gunbroker and expected it to be perfect.

First thing I noticed was attention to detail is off for a "super expensive 380" as minor as it is, It's ANNOYING....the white dot on the rear sight was painted lop-sided and off( Kahr has sent me a new one, but I will have to find someone to put it on)

I put 150rds of Federal-american eagle and then 50rds of Federal Hydra-shock ( yes, I have spent alot of money for this break in) 200 rds total and will say it failed probably about 3 times where the slide got stuck on the 3rd and I would have to hit the slide release, NO stove-pipes or anything like that....

On the Hydra-shocks, when I would chamber the first round, If I did not rack it with AUTHORITY it would get all jammed up...No issue's racking it with the Ball ammo ( Don't know if thats a hollow point thing???)

The gun shot well over all but I am hoping these few hitches are do to break-in?? I will say my Ruger LCP ran with out a hic-up since day-one and I'm wondering if I should have kept that at half the price?

Ruger has shown much better custoner service as well....When they did the recall, Ruger sent me so much free stuff and written letter of apology for the inconvienance.
    When I sent my PM9 back cuz none of the Mags would drop free...They sent me back a SANDED out mag-well and called it "good"..... Well thats why I sold that gun....and lost aloy of money in the process. Kahr could care less, when I told them.

Kahr has not given me a warm & fuzzy by any means but I am still gona give the P380 a chance.

Any similiar feedback from other's on this gun would be much appreciated. Thanks

New Kahrs are a very risky venture. I've had 2 brand new Kahrs (08 and 09 made) that had to go back for work. 2 out of 2. The service was okay, but my P45 took 3 trips to go back and I was blamed by the top brass in a non-threatening corporate policy way for the gun's problems. Even though I provided them pictures of the failures from the range. They did nothing for my time and ammo spent trying to make the guns reliable.

tuff little gun to hand rack IMO. Very stout recoil springs, very small gun. I have alot of difficulty hand racking the P380. Have zero issues feeding hp or any other rounds using the slide lock lever. Might just be me but the little P380 is just a bugger for me to hand rack. Other wise I have no issues with it. Most accurate 380 I have ever owned...

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    tuff little gun to hand rack IMO. Very stout recoil springs, very small gun. I have alot of difficulty hand racking the P380. Have zero issues feeding hp or any other rounds using the slide lock lever. Might just be me but the little P380 is just a bugger for me to hand rack. Other wise I have no issues with it. Most accurate 380 I have ever owned...
    jocko...........maybe WMD will read this post. He had another post with a great way to rack the slide.