Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need some help here

sorry abut that, I must have missed where u stated that. Last time I detailed stripped anything I got slapped in the face over it . I was in a nice restaurant when she walked by and I guess I thought she looked like my PM9 so I detailed stripped it. Trust me, not the thing to do .

There has been over 8000 hits on this forum on the propper prepping thing and all those suggestions were not mine out of my little brain but those passed on to me on this forum and others by people I felt were knowledable. so I put it all down in writing with additions as they come forward.. I have no doubt it has helped many to enjoy their kahr or other semis better. Some have stated on this forum to that they went to the propper prep section and did certain but not all the things recommended. That is what that thread was for to. Not a bible to success but a guide to help you along if you feel the need to do so.

I always felt your sticky on the slide dissasembly was super and I think when you posted it the first time I even stated that it should be a sticky along with some others. It was just that good. I don't recommend taking the slide all the way down but if one must then your sticky is definitely worth looking at. It will save one headaches to. the kahr lube chart came from glock talk / kahr section. Not my invention but to me certainly one of the best lub stickys money can buy. Many kahr owner or semi owners are new to this game and I just feel anything we can put in writing with photos to help will certainly assist one in enjoying his semi alot better, no matter who makes it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

You wicked wicked monkey!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

who???

I probably just stated what damn near 90% here have done but just don't admit it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Ba dum bum, Rim Shot...I can see both sides of this issue...I think any premium handgun should work right out of the box but that isn't always the case with guns, cars, motorcycles or anything else mechanical...sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't...My first car was a brand new special order 1972 red SS Chevelle 454...When I went to pick it up it seemed to be a little hard to start and the idle wasn't smooth but I figured it would be better after break in but on the way home from the dealer the thing stalled out and wouldn't start...It has 12 miles on the clock...Well I called the salesman and they sent a wrecker and towed it back to the Chevy dealership which was about to close so they gave me a free loaner car (which ran perfectly) The next day they call me and said the problem was a defective coil and 2 bad spark plug wires from the factory...They replaced the parts and the car ran like a raped ape...Great car and very fast, It left me when the wife came on board and I miss her every day (The car not the wife)...As for guns, I had an Interarms Walther PPKs that would jam with anything I tried to run through it...Took it back to the LGS and they had their smitty go over it and if anything he made it worse so I traded it in on a Star .40 cal which shot great (wish I had it back) I later bought a S&W 645 .45 ACP because Sonny Crocket had one on Miami Vice and I thought it was one of the best looking pistols that I had ever seen...Well it too was a jamomatic and when it did shoot it printed about a foot and a half low with any ammo tried...Had others shoot it with the same results...LGS sent it back to S&W and this was during the Puma ownership days and their customer service was awful (although now its some of the best in the business) well they kept it about 3 months and when I got it back I would swear they didn't touch it because it did the exact same thing so it went down the road with a warning to the buyer..I now have a gen 3 S&W .45 mod 4506 that is the best shooting dead on accurate semi auto I have ever shot and I wouldn't trade it for anything....So bottom line is if you get a lemon anything send it back and let the manufacturer have a whack at fixing the issue if you can't fix it yourself...

I'm surprised anyone on that forum was actually talking about such a fine weapon like Kahr every time I have looked over there it's mostly people talking about the 30,000 rounds of ammo they have stored up and how much tactical bacon they have on hand for when the government collapses.

I gave him the last word...nope he brings it here and switches from the prep/lube advice to the slide racking thing.
    Balderdash

Tilos(same name on all forums)
    just sayin'

Getsome, I think Sonny Crockett had a Bren Ten. I could be wrong here but I'm pretty certain it was a 10. Could be where bad karma entered your life thru bad identification.
    I bet you wish you had that SS Chevelle today by doggie. Heck of a first car.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You are correct Obi One Bawanna, In the pilot Sonny was to have carried a Sig P220 but that was scrapped and in the 1st and most of the 2nd season Crocket carried the then brand new Bren Ten made by Dornaus & Dixon chambered in .45 ACP so they could use blanks (10mm blanks didn't exist) the original Bren Ten had a bead blasted matte stainless slide and a black hard chrome frame...The show producer wanted more bling for the night shots so Sonny's pistol had a flashy nickel plated slide and high polished stainless frame...It is said that Don Johnson hated the shoulder holster for the Bren Ten but nothing else was available...Dornaus & Dixon went out of business in 1986 so the producer awarded the weapon contract to S&W which was great for them as they had just released the new generation 2 Mod 645 .45ACP and wanted to promote it...The stage pistol was highly polished and almost looked like nickel but was not...The new shoulder holster rig was made by the Jackass Leather Company which later became what is now Galco International...The President of the company personally fitted the new rig to Don Johnson and he really liked it much better than what he was using and the holster was used throughout the remainder of the series and currently is in a case at the Galco International headquarters lobby and is still in production as "The Miami Classic"... In the last season Crocket started to carry the then new Gen 3 4506 .45 ACP which was the last pistol he used in the show...Crocket also carried a .45 ACP Detonics Combat Master in an ankle holster for backup...I wanted one of those real bad but even back then the price for one was over the moon...Miami Vice was and still is in DVD one of my all time favorite TV shows...At the time there wasn't anything like it on the air...I liked how they stayed true to the firearms on the show and actually had to reload during a shootout and you never would see a 5 shot revolver shoot 8-9 times....The show was sexy, the music was great and cutting edge...The acting and plots were very good and I still enjoy watching an episode from time to time even though by todays standards some things are very dated (Gimungus Cell phones, beepers, answering machines and mullet hair cuts) but heck it was mid 80's so what!!!......:59:.......Oh and about the 1972 454 SS Chevelle, You bet your arse I wish I had it back especially when watching Barrett Jackson auctions on TV and seeing them go for $75.000 but it was probably a good thing I sold her before I hurt myself with it but it sure was fun for a while and I really helped Goodyear Tire and Rubber co stock stay way up there....

Sweet Mary and Joseph, you've done your homework there getsome. I knew about the Galco and Jackass leather but not anything about all the gun changes. It was one of my favorites shows also. I loved his partner Cheech, who was actually his second partner right? added just the right flair to the whole show. His first partner (drawing a blank on the name) was good too.
    Didn't know about the Detonics either, I nearly got one of those back in the day and met one of their head gunsmiths who did some work on my Colt officers model which is another great story for another time.
    They were wicked cool but also wicked expensive.

I still remember the episode where Cheech? messed up Sonnys' tires and he was scrambling to get them replaced without notice. Sonny stating you know I only run Billy Big O's which apparently at the time were the most expensive tire you could find. Awww Hollywood.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

This KAHR discussion is going on at SIGforum. Some people are still upset about Rev. Moon's connection to KAHR...

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/1420030932
    Ban the whiners.