Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warming up the Bridgeport...

Default Warming up the Bridgeport...

Hello All...

I want to thank you all for letting me lurk around and get so much info from you all... Should be getting my CW45 this week.. My first Kahr...

I have an addiction to modding firearms and the CW45 will be my latest victim!

First things first... gotta have front cocking serrations...

Then some 20 lpi straight milling on the top for the slide to cut glare a bit...

Once I get it to the range and shoot the crap out of it, then I'll see if I can live with the length of pull... From what I see it won't be as hard as people make it out to be to shorten and move the starting position of the trigger... Just a little Mig welding and redrilling the connection points for the trigger bar... We will see...

Cheers,
    Scott
    Last edited by jscottbaird; 01-02-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Pic link was wrong... Ooops

You just gotta love a man with a bridgeport that knows how to use it. I dig front cocking serrations and the top of the slide milling would be neat if it looks cool.

I'll put on my blindfold and ear muffs (like I need earmuffs?) on the trigger part. That's way too scarey for me to even think about. Like messing with mother nature.
    But I wish you luck on the whole project just the same.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

love my cw45. I shoot it better than my other Kahrs....a PM9 and CW9. Very manageable recoil, too, especially when you shoot it after you've just shot 20 7mm mags thru your rifle, like I did last week. ha, it felt like a .22 after shooting that beast.
    good luck with yours. throw at least a bicycle inner tube on the grip to save your hand. that's the only negative I can think of. the stock grips will bite.
    Don't go ninjin' nobody who don't need ninjin'!

Pine Mountain, Ga. will always be HOME.

CZ 2075 Rami 9
    CZ PCR D (2)
    S&W Shield 9mm (2)
    Kahr CM9
    Mossberg 930 SPX
    Remington 597
    PSA/Spikes AR-15

Thanks guys....

Thinking about some grip mods beyond an innertube...

Thinking about undercutting the swell, busting out the Devcon and adding a little beavertail to keep my super high grip in check... Perhaps bobbing the "mainspring" part a little and filling the little hole... Definitely going to go with fabbing up some of the flush fit mags I see here too...

As far as the trigger? I have always run very short light triggers and train hard with them... Like the Delta Guy said in Blackhawk Down... "This is my safety sir!"

That being said? I may leave it alone entirely, I need to go play with it a bit...

Here's a pic of my latest project... Springfield XDM40... TFO sights, Powder River Precision Match Trigger kit and a lot of stoning and hand fitting stock parts and tuning springs turned a sweet gun into a pocket rifle... Even die hard 1911 guys have nothing bad to say about it! Well, other than saying it isn't a 1911! :-)

Here's an IWB Crossbreed Clone Holster I made for it...

I like Dudecraft... It's fun!!!

Cheers,
    Scott

Hey Tuscon!

Beautiful work there! I'm by no means capable of that kind of stuff! But to clarify, I only use the front serrations to press check the weapon... I have become spoiled with the loaded chamber indicators on my XD's! I will end up doing that a lot with this being a carry gun, and I always do it with my reaction hand from under the weapon, so no worries there!

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbaird View Post
    Hello All...

I want to thank you all for letting me lurk around and get so much info from you all... Should be getting my CW45 this week.. My first Kahr...

I have an addiction to modding firearms and the CW45 will be my latest victim!

First things first... gotta have front cocking serrations...

Then some 20 lpi straight milling on the top for the slide to cut glare a bit...

Once I get it to the range and shoot the crap out of it, then I'll see if I can live with the length of pull... From what I see it won't be as hard as people make it out to be to shorten and move the starting position of the trigger... Just a little Mig welding and redrilling the connection points for the trigger bar... We will see...

Cheers,
    Scott
    Does the 20 lpi straight milling on the top help a great deal with the glare? I was shooting my PM45 this afternoon with a bright sunny sky and I thought I would end up blind. I have a bridgeport so I might be able to do this.

Hello Scott:
    Have you considered adding the following to your CW45 project?
    *Dawson Precision Front Night Site
    *Bedair SS Steel Guide Rod (coming soon for the CW45)
    *Robar NP3 finish on the slide, magazine and metal parts

Cartero391
    CW9 X 2
    PM9

Quote Originally Posted by Cartero391 View Post
    Hello Scott:
    Have you considered adding the following to your CW45 project?
    *Dawson Precision Front Night Site
    *Bedair SS Steel Guide Rod (coming soon for the CW45)
    *Robar NP3 finish on the slide, magazine and metal parts

Cartero391
    CW9 X 2
    PM9
    Will have to replace sights when I mill the slide anyways.... Dawson looks good... but x's big dots look better... Will have to see stock rod to see how its made first... Filled my.stock XDM with tungsten fishing wieghts...slick... Will definitely put wolf striker spring in, but would definitely pass on expensive finishes... Budget gun +cheap owner!

JS scotbear. Your work is as good as what cylinder and slide charges an arm and a leg for.

That is just fantastic work and I would highly recommend it to shooters wanting to dress up their kahrs to. You need to post your services somewhere on this fourm if you so desire to do some of this for members. Cut us no slack, other than ol jocko, who is very losse anyhow!!

I have seen C & S work and yours is just as good. nice job indeed, certainly dressed up your cw to.. I hate the beavertail on any gun-period, certainly not on a kahr..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thanks Jocko.... but let's see how good it looks when I get the CW45... that's all Photoshop just as a mock up for where I want the project to go... XDM pics are my work... Holster and all...

Regards,
    Scott