I own two Kahr pistols. A MK9 (with 400 rounds) and a P380(with 300 rounds). I was very hesitant to purchase both because of research that I did on the internet both times. Good thing I don't buy into the BS that generally is written on the internet.

I truly believe that Kahr pistols are the most misunderstood gun on the market today. I see them as a small high performance somewhat tempermental gun that to get to operate correctly you need to pay special attention. They are probably not a good gun for a first time owner or an inexperienced gun owner.

Which brings me to my special attention point. My MK9 was my first gun and I had numerous issues to start out with the slide locking open in middle of the magazine. This was solved by making sure that my thumb did not hit the slide release problem solved .. but wait I still had the same problem. After looking closely at the way the magazine was setup if you do not watch and make sure that every bullet is put in the magazine tightly towards the back it will sometimes give you a FTF. This especially is a problem when you load the gun with one in the chamber then eject the magazine to put another bullet in the magazine. I normally unload the magazine and reload the entire magazine to make sure all of the bullets are tight.

Can I prove that the FTF issue is attributed to these two problems, no I can't but that brings me to when I purchased my P380.

From day one I have not had one issue with my P380 because I have made sure that the two problems listed above did not become an issue on this gun. I was at the range on Tuesday and as I was loading my P380 magazine I noticed that one bullet that I put in did not go to the end and so I thought I would experiment and see if I could get a FTF and sure enough it happened.

Just my opinion but based on my own past experiences most of the problems associated with my Kahrs have been self induced and if you take the time to make sure you are shooting the gun without hitting the slide lever and loading of the magazine the correct way you will solve alot of the problems associated with these exceptionally accurate and very high quality guns.

Just my opinion.