Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First 1911

There are a few that catch my eye... not window shopping, just enjoying the view. My danged binoculars are in my van and this is the first time I saw her in enough time to get my camera and run upstairs... then she stops and talks to the old lady(78) next door for ten minutes or so.

It's 30 yards or so to the road and I'm shooting through a dirty window, wondering if the autofocus is going to focus on the glass, so I'm glad these came out well enough to see if she's as good closer up as she is far off. Yep, definitely.

Here are a few shots... in the interest of enjoying beauty.

In the first I hope she's not pointing at the D.O.M. with the camera.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wyntrout; 03-30-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

From the looks of the kid I'd say the daddy is a big ole boy. If he happens to be a member here your in deep kimchee I'm afraid.

She is a cutie without question. Maybe shades and blinds are in order for that window. (or spotting scope and telephoto lense)? Sort of blinders for the modern house.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The other day, I took a quick shot through the blinds at my Command Center and what I found out is that the blinds are years overdue for a good cleaning, which is why I ran upstairs so I wouldn't alert her when I opened the blinds. Anyhow, I was happy that she looked as good as I hoped with a little help from my camera and picture viewer.

Dang! I need to get back to work! I have tons of stuff to do and while my wife's at work, I'm getting distracted and playing around with my computer and Kahrtalk.

My recently retired brother and his wife are going to be here Tuesday and I'm trying to make up for a few years of neglect on the internal stuff... touching up paint and such.

He retired from the California Dept. of Corrections... LEO, and his wife retired from there as an admin. type. He usually packs some kind of 1911 .45. I want to take him to the range while he's here. I'm sure he can outshoot me, but I might keep up with him at 7 yards.

Well, back to work!

Wynn

Update... Brother won't be here until around the 10th or so.
    Last edited by wyntrout; 03-30-2011 at 03:42 AM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".