Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Monarch ammo

Default Monarch ammo

Here in Texas at the local Academy, Sports and Outdoors retail store, they are selling Monarch brand 9mm ammo for only $8.99 for a box of 50. These are steel cased. Anybody know if this ammo safe to use in my Kahr PM 9? What country do they originate from?

Can't tell you if they are OK in your PM9. Read the Manual! Personally I don't like shooting any steel cased ammo except through old com block pistols.
    They are made in Serbia if the box for some 38 spl that I have is to be believed.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

I recently received an email of a blown up revolver that was fed Chinese ammo. 3 rounds went off and blew the cylinder apart with something like $14,000 in medical bills. I won't feed my PM40 anything but original factory loaded ammo, unless I reload it myself. I believe Kahr manual states they won't warrant reloads, but you can research this for yourself, as I may be wrong. Anyway, my advice is to be confident in the ammo you use, particularly when it comes to safety.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

when you shoot foreign ammo, ur taking a risk, Their quality controls are nothing like our is. 99.995% of the time your probably gonna be OK, Why chance it. I never like steel cased ammo. never had any issuyes when I shot wolffs steel cased ammo but I have since just shyed away from it Gun blow up, we do't always know the reasons why either, Never really hear the whole story normally.when you blow a cylinder in two i thas to be ammo Pretty har dto get a squib load in a "cylinder".

I had a old state tropper friend of mine that many years ago used to shoot all of SUPER VELS ammo that wa srejected during loading, for reason they knew not why. This tropper was one hell of a shooter to and a big sob, he shot a 6" model 28 which I didn't think you could hurt ever. He blew the cylinder one day right in half. Came in and showed me the cylinder and his bruised hand. He just laughed. Super vel gave him all that "crapola" ammo with the agreement that he would shoot it with no liability to them and they would get the brass back to reload. If any of you guys can rememberback 30+ years ago. Super vel was one of the hottest rounds on the market. Made in shelbyville, Ind. We sold hundreds of boxes of 38 and 357 super vel back then, never had an issue, but it was very hot ammo. Not sure super vel even knew what SAAMI was back then.

I would hav e no issues with reloads,, as long as I did my own reloads. "trust but verify"
    Last edited by jocko; 02-03-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I have used that very brand in my 308, never had an issue. A lot of folks shy away from steel cased ammo, just clean the gun afterwards it'll be just fine. I've never had an issue with any of it.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.