Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr sight problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kahr sight problem

I had a problem with my trigger releasing the striker late, or not at all. I never had a misfire, but during dry-fire, I would pull the trigger back 100%, and the striker would not release. I commented on this forum, and some of you folks suggested I send my gun into Kahr.

Kahr installed a new trigger bar free of charge. While the gun was at Kahr, I asked if they could kindly install XS Big Dot night sights on it. They agreed and charged $120 for the sights plus $40 for installation. I decided to proceed because I figured having Kahr install these sights professionally would be advantageous in that it precluded me from botching the job.

I now have my gun back and it is perfect, aside from one thing. Kahr essentially botched the sight job, and there is now a dent in my dovetail (see attached photos). Frankly, I seriously regret having them do this work. I was under the impression that a "professional" gunsmith could install a set of night sights without marring my dovetail. Had I known that this was the quality standard, I would have just done the work myself and saved $40.

The reason for this post is that I would appreciate any opinions on how to proceed. At the very least, I think Kahr owes me $40 for the botched install job, if not more. What do you think? Is this an overreaction?
    Attached Images Attached Images

did you send them an email & pic? thats sh_tty if they dont do anything about it.

Wow, not what you would expect at all! Send the pic in and hopefully they will take care of you and give you money back too

I had a similar issue on my PM9. Sent the slide back for the DLC coming off the slide. Replaced the slide and dinged my XS Big Dot front sight (large gouge on the back of the front sight). Returned to Kahr and got another new slide and new XS Big Dots installed. This time the slide stop lever and aft plate on the slide missing coating (tool mark on aft plate). Kahr sent me the parts to install.

I also expected better QC from Kahr. Each time the turnaround was just short of three weeks.

send them the photo and be nice about it and ask them what they intend to do about it, as it was damaged at Kahr and for the money you spent you did not intend to get it back damaged.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thanks for your comments. I have left a phone message and I sent an email detailing the situation, photo included. Hopefully they will recognize the situation for what it is, and make it right.

I know it doesn't effect the functionality of the gun, but I paid a LOT of cash for it (to me, anyway), and it's no different than someone putting a big door dent in my car. Also, it effects resale value. Every time I pick it up, my eye goes right to that dent.

Default totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by burns View Post
    Thanks for your comments. I have left a phone message and I sent an email detailing the situation, photo included. Hopefully they will recognize the situation for what it is, and make it right.

I know it doesn't effect the functionality of the gun, but I paid a LOT of cash for it (to me, anyway), and it's no different than someone putting a big door dent in my car. Also, it effects resale value. Every time I pick it up, my eye goes right to that dent.
    I remember once when getting ready to buy a new Harley off the dealer flor, we took it outside for a full walk around and damn there was a coupenice scratches on the paint. The dealer tried to make nothing out of it. I toldhim that If I buy something I want to put the scratches on it and not someone else.

He found me another exact bike at another dealer . Once Ihad taken that bikehome, they would have claimed that I did it. Kahr willhave a hard time walking away form the ding in that slide area. Agree it won't hurt functioning but it was not there whenit went in and you pid damn good moeny for PROFESSIONAL service.

It happens some of these smitty's hang a plate outside their building immediately they are authorities etc. TURST UT VERIFY. I question my dealer once about a tech he had just hired. He came from a Hyster fork lift plant in maintenance, probably making 20$ an hour now at this Harley shop they were charging %65 an hour for him to work on a bike. All of a sudden he became a qualified harley tech person, same thing with some of these techs we deal with at some of these gun companies. they are not all qualified IMO but it takes time for a company to findout that john doe has been turingout bad sh-t andcosting them additional money I realize sh-t canhappenbut in this case that tech had to see he damaged the slide and he should have stopped right there and discussed it with the person in charge and also with the owner.

I would like to hope kahr wills step up to the plate with no hassle, but one never knows they might also try the ol,," well sights when put on are very tight and we cannot guaraantee perfect replacment yadda yadda. Don't buy that, go higher up, unless you are satisfied as it is.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Reminds me of the time I had the watch battery changed on one of my Tag Heuers. Every other time it's been changed the jeweler has had to send it in because it's a diving watch and needs to be pressurized. At this place, a guy told me he had the tool to change the battery in the back, and as long as I didn't mind that it wasn't pressurized it would only cost me $5. I don't actually go diving so I thought I'd save a few bucks. Well, after working on it in the back for a while, he came back out and told me he couldn't get the case open. He showed me the back of my watch and he had scratched the hell out of it trying to get it open! I was livid! Fortunately, they sent it in and they were able to buff out most of the scratches.

It doesn't matter that the scratches were on the back of the watch. It doesn't matter that the dent Kahr made won't effect the function of your pistol. The item should not come back in worse condition than when it went in. Unfortunately, I don't know how they can repair the dent in your slide. But they should refund you the installation cost at a minimum, imo.

That's unacceptable. We just ordered a new refigerator (expensive too--the wife HAD to have stainless steel) from a well-known big box, and it arrived with dings and gouges in the handles--the only places where they did not have protective covering. We insisted on a new frig, and we just got the new one today. A few months ago, we got some other new appliances, and the "delivery guys" banged up our walls and dented and scratched our hardwood floors. Some people just don't care. Oh, and we had to have a new garage door a few months back too....uh..a..I backed into it with the car...anyway they came out and installed a brand spanking new garage door (those ain't cheap), and sure enough when i got home, there was a noticable dent in one of the panels. I made 'em come back out and replace the dented panel.

I have the stock sights on my PM9, and there is a tiny gouge on one side of the front dovetail, not as bad as yours.

Kahr should offer to give you a new slide.

ur dead on target. I feel kahr will do something, replacing the entire slide is probalby the last thing they will agree to. Sometimes replacing a slide can start new issues, so if there was a workable solution if think I would entertain it

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY