Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T40 slide release not long enough to catch mag follower on lock back

Default isn't that

Quote Originally Posted by mad1ben2 View Post
    I too just got a response from Jay at Kahr. He confirmed the slide stop of the T40 is the same as the MK40.

He also confirmed my covert is a factory covert!
    strange when one goes to the kahr parts listing, there are two differnet slide stops. If u even look in your manual, it shows the MK series sitting there all by itself with no other models being listed with it. very strange indeed.

BREAKING NEWS;

Yup I am dead ass wrong, sorry about that. the T9 and T40 is the same slide stop set up as the MK series. It shows it in the karh owners manual in a little square boxed area sorry about that guys. Kahr does have a parts mix up when one goes to the T40 or T9 parts list, on their webb site, but more than likely it is a photo screw up and not a true parts listing error.... again sorry for the confusion, sometimes takes a while for me to catch on...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Pictures!!

Here are some pictures comparing the slide stop that came with my used T40 (T40SS) next to the slide stop off my TP9 (TP9SS).

And these show the problem perfectly.

The first is the T40 with the T40SS. You can clearly see the tang designed to catch the metal tab on the magazine follower isn't long enough.

The second is the T40 with the TP9SS. You can clearly see the extra length of the tang is long enough to cover the metal tab on the follower.

I realize I need to clean the TP9 slide stop better!

For grins I tried the slide stop from my P40 and it has very different dimensions and wouldn't even go in... slide pin would go in but then the tang would hit the slide as it's not long enough (from pin to tang) to clear the slide and reach the whole in the slide.

The original owner swears the gun came from the factory like this (meaning he hasn't changed the slide stop). I'm thinking this gun has been shot less than he said!

nice job with the photos, really confirms ur convictions to. I learned a ton just from the photos even. Pictures are far better than just words.

nice photos

I suspect kahr is just using one slide stop photo in their webb site in the parts listing but having the correct part # for the correct gun, which makes sense to.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

On the bright side you should be able to use the TP Slide release in your T until you get a correct one with no worries.

They lock in the same, line up perfectly and should work just fine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It could be a pigment of my interogation but the TP pin looks a little longer than the T. Does it stick out further on the right side? Theres more material in the lever itself on the T than on the TP so perhaps it offsets it.

I think when you order I'd send those pictures via email or printed so your certain to get the correct one?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It is longer bawanna, I noticed that to and I was afraid to ask so as to not add further confustion to all of this. I would still think one should wait until the correct slide lock lever comes in.. At least ur eyes are good to go... or did the LBBP point that out for you.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    It is longer bawanna, I noticed that to and I was afraid to ask so as to not add further confustion to all of this. I would still think one should wait until the correct slide lock lever comes in.. At least ur eyes are good to go... or did the LBBP point that out for you.
    Jeez, Jocko you did it again, laughing so hard my hearing aid fell out and I think I wet myself just a little.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I'm glad the pictures helped.

I noticed quite a few differences in the slide stops... the length is definitely one of them.

I took a couple quick measurements on the length of the pins and then how much more the TP9 pin sticks out on the right side.

Pin length:
    T40 - 1.005"
    TP9 - 1.1135"

Right side exposed pin:
    T40 - .065"
    TP9 - .1325"

I'm thinking the lengths are just under 1/8" in difference and the TP9 pin sticks out (of the T40 gun) a little more than 1/16" further than the T40 slide stop.

I did notice that the T40 slide pin sticks out the right side just to the point where it's flush with the side of the slide... so that seems like the perfect length.

Thx, Scott

Just wanted to follow up as I just heard from Jay at Kahr again.

He is sending me a replacement slide stop free..

I told him I appreciated it and that it made me a happy Kahr customer...

Assuming it is different than the one I have, I'll try to post some follow up pictures (hopefully to wrap up this thread!).

Thx, Scott

glad kahr is taking care of you, I can't believe the previous owner had that slide stop in from the beginning either. something is strange there for sure..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY