Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Combat Elite?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sapper Guest

Default Kahr Combat Elite?

Their is one listed n gunbroker used for $900. Too much? Anybody have any data on these beauties? I was thinking of picking this one up, just wanting some info on them. Looks like they are made to look just like the new Colt combat elites.

for the sake of sounding stupd, what is a kahr combat elite????
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

sapper Guest

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=214661365
    It is a Kahr K40 thats had work done by Wilson Custom. Looks awesome, I was just wondering if their is a list of all the work that were done to the pistols and how many were made.

I see front strap checkering, wood grips, a slightly melted slide lock lever. Not sure if they finished the slide or it was a factory duo tone.

A heck of a lot of money for what it is in my own small opinion. I like the looks of it and love front strap checkering but the Name Wilson on the side must add alot of value to it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

sapper Guest

Anybody seen one in person or heard of a number made? Do Kahrs like this hold good value?
    Do you think that $900 would be a good investment to dump into this gun??

My PERSONAL comments: I think the slide is carbon steel blued (non stainless) The grips IMO are crappy, none functional blah. Strap stipplying is nice. The barrel is not counter bored.(to me something that should be in any custom package) the barrel is blued, which to me indicates very little rounds have been shot out of it, as more than likely that blueing on the chamber wears really fast with just normal slide action contact. Sights are nothing special., not sure if they are night sights. I serioulsy dobut if anything was done internally to the gun, as kahrs leave very little for a customizer to do internally even. They are super smooth out of the box. I would pass on this gun for sure, as the Wilson name on it would not commend anymore in value from what I can see. I don't see anything that indicates a slide melt, but if done it is very minor indeed and if so then the slide would have had to be refinished. Combat elite is what Wilson tagged on it, compared to a standard K40 I would maybe have called it a combat SXT (same exact thing)
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

It's certainly overpriced to me and there's a long time yet in the auction. The 15-minute rule is in effect, too. If you're interested and there's no big interest, put in a bid near the end of the time... $450 or so. I think $900 is nuts, but there's no reserve and if there's no interest, then you might get a deal. I had no competition on my last buy, but the price was set at $550 and no reserve for it.
    If no one bids against you, good. if there is any bidding at the end, the bidding will continue until there is 15 minutes without a higher bid. Good luck.

Oops. I just noticed it's one of our members selling it, kwikrnu, but it's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

JMHO!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Its started at 899 so thats the least he will take. Buy now for 900. I'd run away myself not worth half that.

Was one of our members kwikrnu has left the building permanently.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default *singing*

O the memories!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyKahr View Post
    O the memories!
    O the nightmares might be more appropriate.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan