CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: IDPA Rule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

all the IDPA clubs in Wisconsin will let you shoot your CT/PORTED/COMP'D,MAG FUNNEL equipped gun in NFC class,not for compettion, against yourself anyone else who would want to shoot a IDPA illegal gun.you may be able to keep the ported slide w/o ported barrel and be legal in Enhanced Service Pistol, as you'll agree a ported barrel gives you a unfair edge over non-ported competitors.

you may find "gamers" at local matches but they usually move into USPSA where the onus is not so defensive oriented. IDPA sanctioned matches go so far as to check if your pistol fits the "dreaded box" w/mag inserted, weighed,(leaved tungsten guide rods home), mag capacity (CDP, 7o 8 rnd. will mark your hand) where your holster and mag holders are on your belt,ALL IN A EFFORT TO KEEP THE FIELD LEVEL. most IDPA "gamers" in my experience are the ones who can plan, perform better, find the easy way to work rather the hard way. I 've learned this by S.O. ing many good shooters who by gazillion rounds down range can do it smarter,faster, and more accurately without competition ONLY guns.
    do they carry what they compete with,some do, usually the CCPs or BUGs; those that don't in IMHO are missing the boat.

you will only get out what you put in; by the way, I compete w/CM9 in BUG/MM, the only changes to gun ,added height to mag release, milled slide for TFO sights.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER
    Last edited by bugs; 09-15-2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: forgot a comment