I was speaking to a very experienced and advanced IDPA competitor and friend of mine who is training me for IDPA. This week I mentioned to him that I was thinking about porting my relatively new PM40 sometime down the road, but wanted to keep my warranty intact until I was assured that everything was hunkydory with it. Please Note: This information is NOT in any way directed against porting nor against nor toward those that prefer to port their handguns. It is not in any way submitted to stimulate any argument. I happen to think that porting could serve useful purposes and like I stated I was considering porting my PM40. However, I want to compete with the gun I carry and my friend directed me to the IDPA rules. I am respectfully submitting this information for constructive purposes and not intending to insult anyone. Should anyone be considering to use a ported handgun for IDPA...FYI:

"SSP Division: Double Action, Double Action Only, or Safe Action and be of 9mm or larger caliber, readily availabe on dealer shelves, have an annual production run of 2000 units, and pistol with magazine must fit in a box measuring 8-3/4" x 6" x 1-5/8".

No external modifications other than sights and grips will be permitted.
Non-Inclusive list of EXCLUDED modifications: lists "porting of barrels (factory or aftermarket)"
Enhanced Service Pistol (ESP) also lists as an EXCLUSION the porting of barrels and Compensators.
Custom Defensive Pistol (CDP) also lists the same Exclusion of Ported barrels and compensators.

Specifically excluded in all divisions as stated on page 15 is "compensators of any type including hybrid or ported barrels, ..."