Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Just got my P9 back w/new Big Dots

Default Just got my P9 back w/new Big Dots

Well I just got my slide back after sending it in to have some big dots installed. Their customer service was 100% Top Notch, and I got everything back in less than 1 week. Is it normal that the tritium in the rear sight doesn't glow nearly as bright as the front? I wasn't really suprised because I am assuming that it is because it's a smaller tritium vial in there.

Here's the best pics I could get:

005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg
    Last edited by DBP9; 03-29-2011 at 07:18 PM.

I agree with GB who posted in another thread that it's that way by design to differentiate the two sights and draw your eye to the front.
    My front sight is like a headlight out there in the dark but the rear sight is plenty visible.
    I have a set on a nightstand and I can find my way to it in total darkness just watching the sights.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well I wasn't totally crazy...The rear sight is now completely out. It turns out the vial got dammaged during install of freight back to me, so they are doing a warranty replacement for me. Still top notch customer service all around. Can't wait to get it back and see how they are really supposed to look.

Great service all around! Spoke w/Justin at XS sights and he agreed the rear sight probably got dammaged during install, sent it back to them, they received it on Wednesday, and I received it back w/new rear sights this morning (no freight charge for return). The difference is night and day w/the new sight as it should be, compared to the dammaged one I initially had on there. XS sights does great work, and there customer service is second to none! Thanks XS!

I think it would be cool if more companies started offering "contrasting" color choices.

I don't remember whose sights they were, but once shot a 1911 (not mine) that had Yellow rear, and Green front night sights and the color difference really stood out nicely.

Have I have a PT145 that I put Williams Fire Sights (fiber optic) on with a Green/Red combo and like that as well.

DB, if you could snap a low light pic of the gun showing both front and rear together, I'd be interested in seeing how bright they appear, as I've read conflicting things about the brightness of the Big Dots.

I added some pics...Not great ones, but the best I was able to get.

glad it got fixed! enjoy!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Default Caution with broken Night Sights!

Quote Originally Posted by DBP9 View Post
    Well I wasn't totally crazy...The rear sight is now completely out. It turns out the vial got dammaged during install of freight back to me, so they are doing a warranty replacement for me. Still top notch customer service all around. Can't wait to get it back and see how they are really supposed to look.
    Sorry to hear about that.
    A word of caution -
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
    Health risks
    Tritium is an isotope of hydrogen, which allows it to readily bind to hydroxyl radicals, forming tritiated water (HTO), and to carbon atoms. Since tritium is a low energy beta emitter, it is not dangerous externally (its beta particles are unable to penetrate the skin), but it is a radiation hazard when inhaled, ingested via food or water, or absorbed through the skin. HTO has a short biological half life in the human body of seven to 14 days, which both reduces the total effects of single-incident ingestion and precludes long-term bioaccumulation of HTO from the environment.