Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cw night sights now available

It is a tiny screw, and mine did not go nearly deep enough into the sight for clearance...ha to grind off a significant amount of mine.

If you have to do the same, clearance can be determined during re-assembly. If you have having trouble installing the guide rod and spring, there isn't enough clearance on the screw, nor will the slide install onto the frame correctly.....I learned this part by experience.

I installed a set of night sights on my CW45 yesterday. I did not have a problem with the clearance of the screw but getting the screw started into the sight was a bit of a challenge. It is a tiny screw!
    I do not have a Harbor Freight or Sears store nearby so I ordered this set of Torx bits from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Initially, I thought that the T5 bit was the correct size, but when tightening the screw the T5.5 bit fit the best.
    The rear sight required some filing to fit.
    Overall, not a very difficult job and a nice upgrade.

Charlie

NRA Patron Life Member

A large magnet can help retrieve small screws like that. And inexpensive TORX screwdriver sets can be had at Harbor Freight Tools... many different sets for under $10... way under for some.

For front sight installation there are links by members and great care must be taken to make sure the sight is seated correctly and that the screw is too low for the barrel to strike it in firing... the major cause of front sight failures on the "C" models.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".