Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumped on a K40

Default Jumped on a K40

Finally jumped on a new K40, can't wait to pick it up...

Enjoy, that has been a dream gun of mine since I found out about Kahr.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Love mine. Of course the first thing I did was put in a stainless guide rod, heftier springs, and some nice wood grips.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Default nice

Quote Originally Posted by steve666 View Post
    Love mine. Of course the first thing I did was put in a stainless guide rod, heftier springs, and some nice wood grips.
    super handgun. alittle tip if I may, keep that right grip dead tight. If it gets loose even a tad, you will get light strikes as the trigger bar is creepingout of position. those wood grips if you look have a metal insert in the back side ont he right side and that is where it makes contact withthe triggert bar to keep it in place. Some people put a very small O ringin the right side screws to keep them tight, For some reason the wood grips seem to shoot loose over the polymer soft grips that come on the gun. It is a solveable thing, Just wanting to bring yout attention to it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Good info, I never knew about that^

Is it the same for the MK platform?

same way, just keep an eye on that right side grip screws..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Doesn't the slide have a cutout that keeps the triggerbar from moving laterally as well? I've used the rubber washer fix on a couple guns that had chronic loose screw problems with success and appropriate sized lock washers work as well, if you can find them easily.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

yes it does but that trigger bar can still movelaterally, doesn't have to move much either and the gun is out of time. It just gets a tad cocked in their. I had issue with my K9 when the right side grip got loose and when tightened it was all OK, I then just went back to my all rubber kahr grips which I do truly love for feel..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    ... I then just went back to my all rubber kahr grips which I do truly love for feel..
    So that's why you sold me those wood grips.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I couldn;'t keep the screws tight, plus really didn't like um as they were bigger than the rubber ones. ..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY