Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 pics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1911 pics?

Any good 1911 Pics out there? Lets see your favorites and your beaters. I'll get one up this weekend. But just wanted to start it up.

Just got one in yesterday - a SIG 1911 C3 to replace the one stolen a couple of weeks ago. This is the picture of the old one but they're the same. Also will be ordering the Colt to replace a Loaded SA SS ultra Compact, also stolen. I haven't decided whether to replace the RIA nickel Tactical.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    Just got one in yesterday - a SIG 1911 C3 to replace the one stolen a couple of weeks ago. This is the picture of the old one but they're the same. Also will be ordering the Colt to replace a Loaded SA SS ultra Compact, also stolen. I haven't decided whether to replace the RIA nickel Tactical.

How do you like the C3? Looking for a light 1911 in that length and height. Also looking at the SW1911SC. Great looking gun!

Wait! Jfootin does not have a stainless steel 1911 polished to a mirror finish?
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Here's mine:

Here are my current ones:
    Old competition gun (Essex frame and slide, Kart barrel); ugly, but reliable and accurate:

An older Springfield Armory gun, they called it the "90's Edition":

My Officer's ACP:

Colt Series 80 Government Model:

Springfield Armory Range Officer:

Kimber Custom TLE II:

Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Here are my current ones:
    Old competition gun (Essex frame and slide, Kart barrel); ugly, but reliable and accurate:

An older Springfield Armory gun, they called it the "90's Edition":

My Officer's ACP:

Colt Series 80 Government Model:

Springfield Armory Range Officer:

Kimber Custom TLE II:

Regards,
    Greg
    What are those blk grips you have on that Springfield, Kimber and Colt series 80?

Quote Originally Posted by kahrdriver View Post
    What are those blk grips you have on that Springfield, Kimber and Colt series 80?
    Those are paper micarta grips from Cylinder and Slide. I don't see them on their website any more, but you can get something similar in G10 from VZ Grips: http://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/1911-pi...onds-black-g10

TucsonMTB,
    That's a good looking Kimber you have there

Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post

With a typical 15 yard target, this is the first 1911 we ever purchased . . . used of course.
    Must be self healing carpet too. Doesn't look like all them bullet holes hurt it one bit. Must be Gerber carpet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I stand duly corrected by my work mates here. I guess Gerber is baby food, the carpet is Burbur or some such thing. Who knew. I do have a fine story about the carpet from my construction days. Maybe I'll post that over in the anything, holy crap, tomorrow is July anything goes day. I need more time, I'm not ready for July yet. ****(well dang, ok try) Richard Tracy, calling Go Go Gomez, stop the picture PULEEEZE!

Pima Pistol Club sounds pretty high class, I suspect it's the good stuff.

I've often wanted to buy a real basic cheap but solid base 1911 and build it a little at a time to acheive what I want. Just to accomplish like you said some shade tree gunsmithing skill on the 1911 platform.
    I've had em apart but not adept enough at the tuning and correlation of parts to be very comfy inside one.
    Fortunately my Cbob is about as close to perfect as I can imagine a 1911 being, although there are several others I'd like to call my own and play with. The Ruger, the Springer Rangemaster, the MRI, the list goes on and on and now they throw a HK P7 in my path to throw me off course.
    Hello, my name is bawanna and I'm a gunaholic.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."