Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: 1911 pics?

Thanks, fellers. Yes, it's a beaut but I shoot it a lot and carry it a good bit of the time, especially during flannel shirt (cover) season, which is about 7 months/year here.
    I agree that the 4.25" barrel and much lighter weight (30 oz) than a government model makes all the difference for carry.

You mention something that to me is the silver lining of the Fall season. Wearing heavier shirts means we can carry larger guns )

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    New member here -- here's my Colt Wiley Clapp edition LW Commander....

That is beautiful Wavygravy, about 4 years ago I had a gun shop install night sights on a M&P .40 that I was really having a hard time trying to like and when I picked it up I noticed they had two very pretty blued Colt .1911 pistols in the case, one a Commander and the other a Government model……Both had original size safety levers, long triggers and back straps like Mr. Browning designed them……I paid for my M&P sight work and about half way home when I couldn’t stop thinking about those Colts I turned around and went back to trade for the Commander…..I lost a ton of money doing it but I’m happy I did because every real handgun loving red blooded American needs a Colt 1911 and while mine is nothing fancy, it has found a forever home……..My only regret is that I didn’t buy the full size Government model they had in the case to go along with it……..

There ya go, 2 is 1 and 1 is none or something like that. I love my Governments but the Commanders carry so much nicer, just that 3/4" makes a world of difference. Perhaps if I was vertical it wouldn't matter so much but sitting full time that barrel gets in the way. I'd carry the government all the time if it worked better. Still do pretty often.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I also have a colt 04840WC like Wavygravy has . I was not looking for this pistol when I stopped by our general store but ended up helping our shop owner straight'n up his firearm stock room and found this misplaced colt box dated from December 2015 that fell back behind a bunch of glucks for at some point so the owner checked his cost and solid it to me for a ffl fee over his cost . Its been finally been my my daily carry for 3 years now .

Still have a ct45 running with 1911 mags since july 2015 but its only been my foul weather carry . I did call kahrs costomer service and ask if the ct45 was 45 super capable and was told after some input for others that it was . Anyhow no long expect much of anything new out of kahr after the long slide ported barrel optic ready debacle but I was told something might be coming ?

I'd love to add a Colt Lightweight Commander to my wardrobe. I have several government models (prior to the flood) but the commander size for some reason carries much nicer for me sitting full time. Just that tiny little bit shorter barrel makes a difference. I only had a couple of the commander size (prior to the boat incident). I do love the government size but again the commander carries nice and a light weight would be even better yet.
    I know many of the big name shooter dudes practice with steel guns and carry lightweights. Some shoot so much they practice with 9's and carry 45's, easier on the hands and wrist.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Started CC'n with officer model back in'88 in south west forida and my first 1911 was a mixed parts number agentine 1927 and learn to tune mags back then . Guess 1911's are why I dislike a gluck and so found of 18* grip angles for carry . Also have 18 years using a comp-tac neutral and now a mtac . It just feels natural . And its hard for me to still find any love for kahr arms today . Might check back in a couple months .

Some I know of on other sites need a wider screen and wide angle lens :-)

Still one of my favorites and close by as I type this

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Still one of my favorites and close by as I type this

Regards,
    Greg
    Good seeing/hearing from you Greg! Nice looking Springer. Love the honest wear!!!