Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 pics?

Default Dan Wesson V-Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Figure I should add a picture of my first 1911. Remington R1 Enhanced. I've owned a Browning Hi Power in the past, and I finally broke down and had to see what this 1911 fuss is all about. This is a sweet shooter. Real nice trigger pull and everything. Think I got a pretty good deal on it too. Sorry to say, I've been shooting it a bit more than my Kahr lately, although the Kahr still gets out to play every range session.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Very nice. My son has the enhanced, I got the plain model which I wanted since I had others with all the goodies. Both are great guns and shooters.
    Nice pistol Ken L! Thanks for sharing it with us
    Like you, Bawanna, and his son, I also have an R1 (an R1S) and find it to be a great shooter. It's one of my favorites.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I finally got around to doing a little cosmetic metal work on my RIA 1911FS in 9mm. Some filing/sanding/blasting, then a dip in the parkerizing pot, and it was ready for some VZ grips I picked up on Ebay:

Regards,
    Gr1eg
    /1/
    What a beauty! How does she shoot! Isn't it interesting that folks refer to guns as "she"!?!?! Hmmmmmmm

Somebody used those exact words asking about you. What a beauty, how does she shoot.

I think there's a connection.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Somebody used those exact words asking about you. What a beauty, how does she shoot.

I think there's a connection.
    Some folks I've shot with several times have told me; "If you can get that same look on your face without a gun, no one would mess with you! And that's the truth!
    I'm kinda intense and focused. Shooting is serious business. Besides, what would someone expect from an inner city Detroit gal.

Sig 1911 Commander in stainless with rail. Apparently Sig only made a few thousand of these back in 2008, they don't appear anywhere in their catalogs or on their web site.

Spiffied up a bit with Novak sights and VZ grips.

I wonder why sig dropped them?

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    I wonder why sig dropped them?
    No idea. I did some research before buying it (from a fellow member on a firearm forum) and couldn't find any info at all on "Sig stainless commander with rail" save a couple of posts on 1911.com. (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=219314)

---Todd

That's hot Todd. I'm a big fan of stainless... I think Sig drifted over towards tactical black. Especially if the gun has a rail. I think I like yours better. Nice!
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    What a beauty! How does she shoot! Isn't it interesting that folks refer to guns as "she"!?!?! Hmmmmmmm
    Thanks MB! It's always been a good shooter with very mild recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by thughes View Post
    Sig 1911 Commander in stainless with rail. Apparently Sig only made a few thousand of these back in 2008, they don't appear anywhere in their catalogs or on their web site.

Spiffied up a bit with Novak sights and VZ grips.

That's a fine looking pistol! Thanks for sharing it with us

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>