Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: 1911 pics?

Mortonís Steak House meat and potatoes!
    A corrupt government tends to be well protected by a thin white line of bureaucracy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Mortonís Steak House meat and potatoes!
    A man's got to eat, right?

Added some Esmeralda Cocobolo grips on the Colt , awesome color and figure !

Esmeralda Inkberry on the Range Officer Elite. Different look to be sure !

And Ed Brown smooth Cocobolo to Guncrafter No Name . Again awesome figure and nice red/orange color.

Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

Inkberry almost looks like Mesquite. Similar grain and coloration. They all look nice.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks, I really like wood grips especially ones with good color and grain. I decided to try the Inkberry because I wanted a lighter color for the dark frame. I like the look but if I could find the right colored Cocobolo I'd change them. Also they are thin grips so choices are limited .
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

Very nice got2hav1! Are the Inkberry thin?

I recently got a set of stag from Ebay. I almost returned them as the left panel didn't want to go on my early Kimber Stainless Classic. I stripped a screw head (allen) trying to torque the panel in place. On a whim, I tried them on my beater Charles Daly. It has slotted screws and the miscreant panel finally went in place. I was happy with the walnut I had on Chucky, but think I'll leave the stag in place.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That's the one and only thing that comes between me and my wood grips. STAG! I think Chucky looks real fine wearing stag.

Getting them holes to line up perfect on any grip is the biggest challenge. If they don't push on into place and fit flush without the screws they need to be worked on. I tell myself that all the time. Screws just keep them from falling off, they don't pull them into place.

I should get my Tupperware Italian 1911 this week, not sure how I'm gonna deal with not being able to mess with the grips, maybe Krylon?

As a side note I ordered my wife a Henry American Beauty 22. Pretty thing it should be here about the same time so I can take her with me and she can do her own paperwork. Said that was on her bucket list, but maybe not, she wanted to do it all by herself, guess I helped on this one so maybe it don't count.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yep, I'm liking the stag on Chucky.

I agree with you on the screw thing, but the fit was so darn close that I gave pulling them in place a try. It worked in the end, but I was lucky that a Torx bit turned that damaged Allen head screw out. I'm thinking if one is to try this, at least use slotted screws.

I'm fond of my Italian. I'm not sure if I would call it an Italian beauty, but it's built well and, even though it's quite a bit lighter, it feels right in hand. With that, I guess beauty is just a throw of the light switch away.

Speaking of beauty........oh my

That carries some serious brownie points! You are a darn fine husband Colonel

Regards,
    Greg

BTW, there's always stippling.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

GB, yes the Inkberry grips are the thin style. I ordered a set of Stag off ebay but once I got them I didn't like how they looked. If I could find a good set I'd love to have Stag. By the way Chucky looks quite handsome wearing Stag.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

That's an issue with stag, I like thin grips very much but it's darn hard to find thin stag. After a very long time and many attempts I finally pulled off a few stag grips of my own and see why it's so hard to make them thin.

Just finding the right piece and getting a good fit and proper coverage on the frame is a challenge. Don't know how the pro's do it.

There are some decent fake stag grips that can be found thin but while they don't look too bad, they are still fake, it's like messing with mother nature or something, just isn't right.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan