Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW9 5 lb stiker spring

Default CW9 5 lb stiker spring

OK, in the trigger job thread the question was asked "Does the 5 pound striker spring make that much of a difference in trigger pull?"

This was never really answered (as far as I can tell by going through the thread again).

So, does the 5 pound spring make that much of a difference?

Went to the Wolff site and noted that their 5 pound striker springs fit ALL Kahrs. True/false?
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Jocko I believe is quite fond of them. I was considering one for my PM45.

I can only hazard a wild guess but I believe fitting all Kahrs could be feasible. Can't be very much difference. Wait for confirmation on that though. Will make it easier for me if they are all the same.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Man you're fast!

Yes, if they are all the same, makes for a whole lot less spare springs to keep around.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!

it will fit all kahrs except the P380 and it will not produce light strikes what so ever. It drops right in and the trigger travel of 3/8" does not channge. It to me is a very nice mod change and upsets virtually nothing.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Ok, I'm sold. MW Surveyor, why don't you order a couple keep one for yourself and send me the other one. Then we can compare notes?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would probably have to fly up and over to your man cave and help u install it or u will probably fokk it up.

Just a tip bawanna, the spring can go in either end, BUT BUT NOT SIDEWAYS!!!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I would probably have to fly up and over to your man cave and help u install it or u will probably fokk it up.

Just a tip bawanna, the spring can go in either end, BUT BUT NOT SIDEWAYS!!!
    Its a spring? Either end but not sideways. I'm writing this down. Do I need to count coils to see if it's the new style or the old style? Cut it until the slide locks back on that little dealy heimer that sticks out the side?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Bawanna

Deal. I'm gonna go with three so I'll send you one. (I've got your address) Probably order tomorrow as I really like to talk to a "real" person. Also will order a 5% extra power mag spring for the 7 and 8 round mags.

jocko - I have printed out the take down guide for the slide. Hope taking it apart is easier than the instructions indicate. Pretty good with taking apart, its the getting it back together that worries me. Guess that when I get it back together, I'll have to load up a primered case to see if I got it right! Also, I guess the spring goes in the hole?

wellur not taking the entire slide down either, just slipping off that back plate so the striker can be pulled out and the spring just reinserted. It is a no brainer.

Definitely get a 3 pak of the 5% extra power mag springs.I really think they are great in making sure that follower after the last round is shout picks up that slide stop lever. certainly helps feeding to. I wish they made them 10% instead of 5% but we take what we can get..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yea, that's what I figured. I always liked no brainers.

Haven't had any problems with my mag springs and hold open yet but I like to make an order worth while (plus save on shipping costs). Too bad that they don't make recoil springs and guide rods for the CW9. Maybe if I can hold out, they'll start.