Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor CTC fit on PM9 and P9

Default Poor CTC fit on PM9 and P9

Several members have experienced this issue. See this thread

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5715

I have not had any such with ones on P45 and PM40, must be lucky
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

When the Government is wrong, it's dangerous to be right!

Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter ... don't mind .
    .. and those that mind ... don't matter!

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

+1 on that for my PM40 too earle8888.

It sounds like a problem with that particular mold on one of the halves. The two halves are not matching up when assembled together when they are off the gun. If they don't match up off the gun, they certainly won't match up when installed on the gun.

I'd bet Crimson will make it right for owners and Crimson simply were not aware something got out of alignment with the fit, until now. They should do a call back and contact customers via warranty registration cards for that particular model CTL.

My CTL has worked great for me.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

My Cw9 has the same fit issue. A call back would be great.

I had problems fitting my new CT on my PM9 also. I called CTC customer support and they said they had a few reported with the same issue thought to be from coming out of the mold too early. They sent me a new one with a prepaid container to send the old one back. I had it in just a few days. Installed the new one and sent the old one back. Went to the range today to check it out and it was very close on target, just needed some minor tweaking. I previously purchased a CT for my XDM and had no issues. I think it was well worth the investment, especially while you can take advantage of the $50 rebate this month.

Quote Originally Posted by JPM9 View Post
    I had problems fitting my new CT on my PM9 also. I called CTC customer support and they said they had a few reported with the same issue thought to be from coming out of the mold too early. They sent me a new one with a prepaid container to send the old one back. I had it in just a few days. Installed the new one and sent the old one back. Went to the range today to check it out and it was very close on target, just needed some minor tweaking. I previously purchased a CT for my XDM and had no issues. I think it was well worth the investment, especially while you can take advantage of the $50 rebate this month.
    So did the replacement fit perfect? I just ordered one and the build date is february 2011, wondering if ill run into the same issue when I install it.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

...wondering if ill run into the same issue when I install it.
    I am confident that IF you run into any problems, Crimson Trace will take care of them. Good luck with your new laser when you receive it.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Purchased P9 last week end at Dallas Gun Show and had the Crimson Trace rep install CT and no issues--looks like part of the gun. In other words, it fits perfectly.

Today I got a PM9 and a CT laser. The laser fits perfectly but I will need to adjust the point of aim is it looks to be low. They advertise that they are preset for 50' but I think manufacturing/fitting tolerances throw them off.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    WA Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of SW WA member

Quote Originally Posted by earle8888 View Post
    I have not had any such with ones on P45 and PM40, must be lucky
    No problems with my P45, either of my CW45's nor PM9 with the CT lasers.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    WA Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of SW WA member