CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premature slide lock

With the slide off is there pretty good spring pressure keeping the lever down. Not slop or take up then.

Wonder why they would say that isn't the problem. It's very easy to hit the lever with the thumb but with multiple shooters having the same issue thats not likely the culprit.

You've done the slide off, install slide stop, insert full magazine inspection to make sure the bullets are hitting the lever?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    You've done the slide off, install slide stop, insert full magazine inspection to make sure the bullets are hitting the lever?
    yea, actually that was the 2nd thing i did after making sure my thumb wasnt grazing the slide stop.
    The bullets come VERY CLOSE but do NOT touch the slide stop. it looks like very tight tolerances and the gun is made right. so i dont know what to think

u might see if kahr would send u a new slide stop to try to trouble shoot this. a call to kahr and talking to Jay or eion and explaining exactlyh what you have done and what you have checked over to. they might send you a new slide stop in hopes thissolves the issues. after that the gun is gonna have to go back. I would also ask kahr tosend you a new slide stop spring. Yourws might look good but it could not be doing what it is designed to do. It is ano brainer i the MK's to replace. Not sure but I think that little torx screw is a #6 torx too. U can buy it at sears for about $5.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Cool, will do 1st thing tomorrow! Thanks Jocko!
    Be sure and check out thase grip pics from the other thread...
    http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p...ed=1#post59984
    i'll try and post the final pics tomorrow morning

they want me to send it back *rolls eyes*

Had a perfect run of 300 rounds with 115gr ball ammo, then occassaional slide lock with PD rounds. See my thread with pics as to why this might be happening:
    http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6066

BTW, the pic in that link was with my new PM9. Will check the same thing with my older MK9 and post similar pics.

Carl
    Last edited by CarlCyrus; 03-21-2011 at 07:09 AM.

SOLVED slide-lock problem. See the conclusion of my other thread on this.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6066&page=2

Carl
    Kahr MK9, PM9
    Colt Combat Commander .45
    Kimber Pro II .45