Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PM9 Locked Slide Problem -- pics of why

zx54go: take the slide off the gun, reinsert the slid elock lever and now insert a loaded magazine with the rounds what was givningyou premature slide lock open. and look on the left side inside the mag well area. See if those buyllets are touching that slide lock lever on the inside and moving that lever upward. doesn't take much to engage that slide lo0ck lever. If they are hitting, call kahr and ask for eoin or jAY AND EXPLAIN to them what ishappening. they will probalby send you a new slide stop lever. If they do that, then with the old lever in the gun, take it out and with a smallfine file , file down that little nub a tad where the bullets are making contact with it and retest again Once clear, u should be good to go. with a new one in the mail u have nothing to loose in doing the mod yourself. Kahrs are not ammo sensitive, but for me once you fine a defense round that feeds and shoots perfectly, just stick with it. they all will do the job if u do your part.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Same pics, but with my MK9

Decided to check my MK9. It has eaten everything I've thrown into it. The Rem Green Box 115 ball ammo shows lots of room. The Rem Green Box 115 HP +P still shows lots of room. But the Rem Golden Sabre 124 HP +P is almost touching the slide lock. It doesn't touch, but is close.

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oops, that second pic is of the PM9. Here is that Rem Green Box 115 HP +P again with the MK9.

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is clear to me that the PM9 and MK9 were designed to handle 115gr ball and HP ammo A-OK. Once you get into the 124gr bullet, things get tight in that mag well.

Anyone successfully shoot 147gr PD ammo in one of these?

Carl

I shoot the 147 fmj wwb for range fodder and have zero issues. Kahr basically designed the PM9 around the 124 grain bullet. ,The guns should shoot um all, and they will. OAL plays a big part in what will work and what won't. especially reloaders. Sometimes they need to seat the bullet alityle more. I shoot primarily 115 wwb for range fodder and 124 grain in a defense round, but I bought about a year ago a 1000 rounds of 147 wwb fmj at wal mart for $7.95 a box, just to good of a price to pass up as I don't mess with 147 grain ammo but it works perfect out of my M9 and K9..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

shot these with no issues--

Speer Gold Dots HP (124 gr and 124 gr +P short barrel)
    Federal Hydra-Shok 124 grain hp
    Pow'r Ball 100 grain +P
    some cheap winchester personal defense stuff 147 grain hp

I have never tried Golden Sabre but they do look too long.

Seems like we're running at least part of this conversation in two threads. The other conversation is here http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6047&page=3

I emailed my picture and explanation to Kahr and had a response back in only a matter of minutes. Jay understood my description of the problem and offered to send a new slide stop or stated I could send the entire pistol back for them to correct the situation. I took the first option, new slide stop, as a starting point. I did indicate to Jay that there were a couple of threads on this forum with other users having the issue. Very quick and professional response that addressed the issue and did not attempt to lay blame on a certain brand of ammo...just what I expect from a top notch company.

nice response, Keep his email and if u need to send it back you have their statement telling u so. I do think NOW that I would take a fine file to that nub on the slide lock lever and rework it yourself, as u have anew back up in the mail. It is a win win for you. Wouldn't be the first slide lock lever that has had to be reworked and I mean for many other brands also. As long as that metal insert in the magazine follower picks up that slide stop lever properly, then you can relieave that nub a tad. With an empty magazine inserted u can see very easily what needs to be done..Keep; us posted...

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Take a loaded 9mm magazine and chamber a round. Then remove the magazine and look at the top round. It's usually pulled forward a bit and can strike the slide lock actuator in the next couple of rounds. Just checking with the rounds all the way to the rear doesn't cover this. The 9mm is really prone to this and especially with the 7-round magazine.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by CarlCyrus View Post
    Anyone successfully shoot 147gr PD ammo in one of these?

Carl
    I've cycled a lot of 147 gr JHP (Golden Sabers) through my PM9 without a problem. I was curious as to whether or not the gun would handle this round. So, from a sample size of one, I'd say they work fine.
    "Fighting is the central military act. . . . Engagements mean fighting. The object of fighting is the destruction or defeat of the enemy." Clausewitz