Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Low carry?

Default Low carry?

I have an interesting question. I am a big man and I carry a K40 in an Uncle Mike's holster IWB.

I carry with this holster because it rides well below my belt line and is completely concealed with only the clip of the holster showing on my belt strap.

I need to do this because of the nature of my work.

But while the Uncle Mike's holster meets my basic need to carry, I would rather have something a little more durable - something in leather.

I do have photos of what I am talking about, but I am at work and the photos are at home.

So here is my question, is there a reputable breed of holster that will carry below the belt instead of having portions of the gun sticking up?

I carry at 1:00 position right side and when I have to draw, I stick my hand in my pocket, push up on the muzzle which pushes it up past the belt for draw.

Colossal, I don't believe there's a leather holster out there that will allow you to completely hide the gun unless you went with the Crossbreed tuckable type.(Their ad is at the top of the page). Someone more knowledgeable might help you out.

I have a Crossbreed mini-tuck that I use 90% of the time and the more I use it the better I like it.

Now it's not leather, but if you want to put a gun "where the sun don't shine" look at the Smart-Carry.
    SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

I use one of these when I need to be super stealthy.
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

A recent article by Jerry Ahern mentioned Ken Null still makes a crotch holster. The holster is designed for the wearer to access the gun through the fly. You may be able to find a way to access the gun through the waistband. Call Null and ask him - he's a super-nice guy to deal with.

A decade ago I would say you were looking for a Pager Pal. Another company bought the design and is making them with other attachments (not just pagers). I suggest an internet search for the Pager Pal.

Other than that, call the custom makers and see what they can do for you.

Here is an example of what I mean. Notice that none of the gun is above the belt line...only the clip itself of the holster.

Have you considered tuckable holsters? If you don't insist on "full leather" then CrossBleed has LOTS of happy customers.

If you want "full leather", there are a few... from some $10 (Ace Case) to >$100 with medium to long wait time.

I'm a "full leather tuckable" and minimalist person with a limited budget, I'm still the process to find one ... You may try Google these guys:

D.M. Bullard
    HBE leather works
    Little Bear leather
    Side guard
    Tucker Leather (he's on this forum too)
    HighNoon
    UBG Holster (just launched a new tuckable model -- I have used his OWB holster and is VERY good)

Above is just a short list who offers tuckable holster which fits my budget (<$100) and has reliable wait time.

Good luck shopping.

My problem is, all of the tuckable holsters - in fact all holsters I find just about, have the gun literally in the waist band or partially above the waste band rather than riding under the waist band. I need something with an adjustable clip I guess.

I looked at the one that goes in the crotch, but I read a lot of bad reviews on it. And I carry at 1-2 oclock

Dunno if it will work quite like the one you have but you can look at the Bianchi 6D ATB. Tho it claims to be high ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Colossal Uprising View Post
    Here is an example of what I mean. Notice that none of the gun is above the belt line...only the clip itself of the holster.
    You could contact this forum member.
    He has some good looking holsters on his website.
    Might be able to make what you want.

http://kahrtalk.com/holsters-gear/10...ur-kahr-3.html
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Colossal, I came across thei Kramer holster today ... looks like it is exactly want you're looking for? But indeed, contact Bulldog, he may be able to custom make one for you.... what's to lose to ask?

Kramer Handgun Leather: Revolver holsters, concealment holsters, paddle holster, 1911 holster, ankle holster

and one more: http://www.highdesertleather.com/id64.html
    Last edited by wagon; 11-27-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Those deep covers are PERFECT! Thanks. I have been looking off and on for months and could never find what I knew had to exist.