Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pocket Carry Competition

Yeah, and all targets mailed in are inspected for powder burns!
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Yeah, and all targets mailed in are inspected for powder burns!
    Dang it, so much for my pencil plan. Switching to plan B.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Looks like the thread has gone off track, I have shooters from late 20's through 76, one in a wheelchair, no track race.

Posted about PCCA here as Kahr Arms main market is the pocket/sub compact gun and thought it would be of interest to the owners of such guns, a sport with a defense base with real world carry guns.

CR:
    Welcome and thanks for the info.
    Drift is common here, and I can say that I'd be 1st in line at sign up if I lived were you hold your matches.
    I shoot steel challange with iddy biddy guns and have asked for a BUG or revolver class many times.
    With 5 targets and six rounds, I make many more mag changes than most and compete against myself.
    Good luck in your quest to start a new game and hopefully a club near me with start having matches.
    Just don't ask us to wear special clothes or use an alias, and you should be able to grow this game.
    Tilos

Thanks,
    I hope a club near you pick up PCCA, we have a few club looking at holding matches, 2 in PA, 1 in GA, 1 in NH, 1 in FL and 1 in Texas, just takes time.

I've shot many steel challenge matches a few with a 2.25" SP101 in .38spl and won with it one time, fun to do with a J-frame size gun.

I think the idea is pretty cool too. I am always interested in new games and like shooting almost any gun. I compete and perform adequately at best in most of them but man do I have fun. How do you put 150 rounds down range and get to hang with 30 other guys doing the same then have a grill out afterwards and not dig life that evening?

If it ever makes it to MN I will go give it a try!

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Official PCCA targets came in today (Caswell Ranch) a couple of PD's have also picked the target for training and quals.

This is something I would like to try only I only got the one actual pocket gun... My Kahrs don't qualify...

Near as I can tell, only the TPxx series Kahrs would not qualify, all others do based on a quick review of the rulebook.

Maybe time for an update from Caswell Ranch on how things have been progressing and if there have been any stumbling blocks, equipment concerns, etc. This seems like something that might be integrated into IDPA if that would be beneficial to the game.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    NRA Patron Member
    US Air Force 1975-1996

If anyone lives near Palm Springs, CA, we run a CCW match once a month. This is a true CCW match where you can draw from appendix, pocket or ankle using compact autos and J frames. Only small of the back and shoulder holsters are not allowed. Scoring is time plus straight points.

http://www.palmspringsgunclub.org/schedule.html