Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not sure about keeping the CT on my PM9

Default Not sure about keeping the CT on my PM9

So, I was going to pocket carry my PM9 with CT yesterday and was looking in the mirror to see how it looked. I was holding the grip to practice drawing and guess what? I could see the laser through my pants. Great! I can advertise to the BG that I have a gun in my pocket. <sarcasm> Anyway, now I'm not sure that I really want to keep the CT on the gun.
    Yes, I am a gun lovin' woman!
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

What kind of holster are you using? Would switching to a different holster help?

I'm using a leather billfold type holster that is open at the muzzle end...maybe if I sewed that end shut it would hide the laser. Thanks BuckeyeBlast.

Nope, just looked at the holster. The leather is too thick and stiff for my sewing machine. Guess I'll start looking for a closed end pocket holster. Any suggestions?

Just found out that duct tape is a good temporary solution.
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by melissa5 View Post
    I'm using a leather billfold type holster that is open at the muzzle end...maybe if I sewed that end shut it would hide the laser. Thanks BuckeyeBlast.

Nope, just looked at the holster. The leather is too thick and stiff for my sewing machine. Guess I'll start looking for a closed end pocket holster. Any suggestions?

Duct tape fixes anything. Sorry, no suggestions for a new holster, I carry my PM9 IWB. I do carry my P380 w/ CT in a Recluse pocket holster, but they don't make one for a PM9.

Good luck.

If you want to sew the leather do it by hand. Take a spray bottle of water and wet that leather. Before you do that, get some waxed thread (www.tandyleather.com) (waxed dental floss works but comes in one color), make a punch out of a dowel rod and an small nail, sharpen that point to needle like then wet the leather. That would be how you sew the leather. The other options look like cut it (sheet metal shears work well) from around the switch, or pull the laser. I'd be willing to bet that if you relieved around that switch a little that all would work like its supposed to. The water works there too, and you may get really lucky and just have to remove a couple of stitches near the switch. Oh forgot to add that leather and sewing machines are NOT friends. Most leather will be too much for all but a treadle type, and even then it can be far too much.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Melissa,

I can't picture what is happening. Holster leather is pushing on the CT switch that is on the grip under the trigger guard? It is a CT Laserguard, right?

Can you cut away the leather that is touching the switch and still have the trigger itself covered?

Bill K.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    Melissa,

I can't picture what is happening. Holster leather is pushing on the CT switch that is on the grip under the trigger guard? It is a CT Laserguard, right?

Can you cut away the leather that is touching the switch and still have the trigger itself covered?

Bill K.
    It only does it when I grip the gun in my pocket. No, I won't be doing that all the time, but...

OK, picture this. It is a dark night and you are leaving the mall. You see your car way in the distance. As you approach your car, you see a very shady looking character. So what do you do? You put your hand in your pocket and grip your PM9 just in case. Now, you have a red laser light coming through your pants pocket and have alerted the shady character that you have a gun in there. It would be like showing your hand at cards.

Am I just worrying about nothing?

It only does it when I grip the gun in my pocket. No, I won't be doing that all the time, but...

OK, picture this. It is a dark night and you are leaving the mall. You see your car way in the distance. As you approach your car, you see a very shady looking character. So what do you do? You put your hand in your pocket and grip your PM9 just in case. Now, you have a red laser light coming through your pants pocket and have alerted the shady character that you have a gun in there. It would be like showing your hand at cards.

Am I just worrying about nothing?
    Well it couldn't possibly be me, I have no idea what Mall you frequent but I generally avoid malls at all cost. Plus I'm petrified of woman with red glowing from the general area of their front pockets.
    I assume if fellow shady characters feel the same way and flee for their very lives it would have the same effect as aiming the PM9 and having the red dot in the general vacinity of their front pockets. You run em off and don't have to shoot em. No mess, no fuss.

Sounds like a win win situation to me.

Park closer, under a good light, better yet don't go to the mall after dark. If you had a watch you'd know it be night time, and night time ain't no time to be in this here neighborhood.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You're a very funny guy, Bawanna!

Umm correct me if I'm (whats that w-word that means not right?), anyway, isn't the CT laser SUPPOSED to come on when gripped like you mean business? If it is a problem, then see mine from above, or just don't latch on good and hard until you do mean business. Hand in pocket + no death grip on gun = no tattle tell, I know it takes zero time for me to lock around my little cannon when I do something like that. Just sayin'
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.