Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not sure about keeping the CT on my PM9

OK, point taken. I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Yes, I am a gun lovin' woman!
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

That is a valid concern, but when you draw he might get tipped off, but I guess it's too late then. The other thing I wonder about is this, is he going to see it, and know what it is, much less react to the light? It's kinda like a cop friend told me, most folks don't look there, and even if they do won't know **** from Shine-O-La.
    The other thought I have is let them see the light, and know what it is. Then what, they know you have a pistol in hand and will likely use it? If I was a knuckle head like that, I'd shy away at that point. You could add a little to the bottom to keep the shine down (wasn't that a band back in the early 90's) again, see above for working the leather.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by melissa5 View Post
    It only does it when I grip the gun in my pocket. No, I won't be doing that all the time, but...

OK, picture this. It is a dark night and you are leaving the mall. You see your car way in the distance. As you approach your car, you see a very shady looking character. So what do you do? You put your hand in your pocket and grip your PM9 just in case. Now, you have a red laser light coming through your pants pocket and have alerted the shady character that you have a gun in there. It would be like showing your hand at cards.

Am I just worrying about nothing?
    Now I see! This wouldn't happen to me because the holster material comes approx. 1/2 way up the trigger guard and my "get ready" grip has my middle finger away from the grip poised to push off the holster as I draw. Then as the gun is coming out of my pocket I'm doing the final positioning of my middle finger on the grip and my pinky under the grip. The laser would not come on until I committed to the draw and gun is just clearing my pocket. Am I making any sense?

Bill K.
    Last edited by Bill K; 03-27-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Kind of makes me want to get one for my PM45. Carry it in my pocket, and hit the switch now and then, maybe pick up chicks.

What do you think Melissa? Any merit in my idea. Bet I'd get alot of funny looks if nothing else. Not like I need any additional bait with my natural charm and magnetism and of course modesty.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Kind of makes me want to get one for my PM45. Carry it in my pocket, and hit the switch now and then, maybe pick up chicks.

What do you think Melissa? Any merit in my idea. Bet I'd get alot of funny looks if nothing else. Not like I need any additional bait with my natural charm and magnetism and of course modesty.

Oh this should be good. I'll hide the ammo, clubs and sharp objects from Mrs. B. I can't wait to hear that Canadian/Swedish accented cussing from here. I won't even tell her its coming. You just watch put for the stairs and cliffs.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Ha! I'm just betting you're a chick magnet all on your own. Sounds like the Mrs. wouldn't like you "flashing" any other chick, Bawanna!
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by melissa5 View Post
    Ha! I'm just betting you're a chick magnet all on your own. Sounds like the Mrs. wouldn't like you "flashing" any other chick, Bawanna!
    Well maybe it's like fishing. I'm a big fan of catch and release so I can turn around and catch em again?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

In my opinion adding a Laser defeats the purpose of SMALL and maximum concealibility. Just go with good night sights.[ie@ XS Big Dots]. Limits holster choices etc.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I have decided to keep the CT laser because it is such a good training tool...especially on a gun with a long trigger.

I'm a believer in the many benefits of a laser for training and practice. However, for me, the jury is out as to whether the pros outweigh the cons for carry.

Bill K.