Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low and to the Left

Default if

ur gonna shoot a kahr, one needs to practice alot. The loooong but smooth trigger is there by design, but that being said it is a real bugger to master also. If u were a good wheel gun shooter in double action mode then the kahrs should be a breeze. I never was so my techniques or should I say poor techniques just carried right over to my kahrs. (all3 of them).

I can hold at 10 yards about 8" groups with my PM9 which for meis good enough to do what I bought it for but at the same distacne my G19 will shoot 2' groups with ease. But again two totally different gun, with totally different trigger systems. Nice thing about my PM9 is that it ride sin myfront pocket 24/7 where as my G19 is my home and range gun. I won't dress to carry.

I have seen some awesome kahr group0s on other forums, so if your a shooter, a kahr willnot dissapoint you. Me being a lefty my shooer errors are always low and right, snap caps make me cry, as they show my faults BIG TIME. But they willconvince you that it is also not the guns fault either...

Well with being said jocko it’s a good thing every store around has .40 ammo, I will learn the kahr trigger and have a lot of fun in the processes.

Default yup

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer View Post
    Well with being said jocko it’s a good thing every store around has .40 ammo, I will learn the kahr trigger and have a lot of fun in the processes.
    ur right,my local wal-mart has alot of 40 cal wwb but zero 9mm or 380 in anything. The gal says when the get a 1000 rounds of 9mmin, itis gone by days end and has been that way now for 9 months. I can't find any 380 ammo locally for miles.

when I go into gandermt, I take vaseline with me for I just know they are hosing people with the prices of their ammo... wal-Mart coldhave done the same thing BUT THEY DIDN'T..
    Last edited by jocko; 09-14-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I can hold at 10 yards about 8" groups with my PM9 which for meis good enough to do what I bought it for but at the same distacne my G19 will shoot 2' groups with ease.
    Just FYI, I shoot 2"-3" groups off hand at 10 yards with the PM9 (the groups open up if I double-tap or empty the mag fast), and I've seen tests where the PM9 shoots 2" groups at 25 yards from the bench. It's an accurate little gun, even with the short sight radius and "snappy" recoil. As you pointed out, it won't shoot as tight of groups when shooting fast as with a service-type pistol (with longer sight radius, DA/SA trigger, barrel weight to minimize recoil, etc.), but with practice, it will be as accurate as you will ever need in a CC weapon.

This is a follow-up to my post on page 2.

Went out and shot 100 more rds yesterday and was hitting just about dead-center point of aim at about 20-23 feet. (375 rds total through PM9). I am glad I did not mess with the sights after the 1st and 2nd outting where I was hitting left. The 3rd outting yesterday I was "in the zone."

Proof again as I found it the hard way... the shooter ... not the pistol in most cases. Glad you are enjoying the PM9 and its accuracy.
    USN Retired
    Kahr PM9
    H&K 45C
    Sig P226 Enhanced Elite
    Browning Buckmark Plus SS 22LR
    NRA Member