Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Factory Test Fire

Default Factory Test Fire

Does Kahr test fire all pistols before shipping them out?

Yes

Good. I am hoping to shoot the new P380 this weekend so I cleaned and lubed it tonight. It was pretty dirty, so I figured it had been fired.

I was checking it out and dropped a round into the chamber and it fell right in. I then held the barrel and put the nose of the bullet into the other end of the barrel and it doesn't go all the way in. I expected the bullet to go into the barrel and stop at the case. There is an 1/8 inch gap between the barrel and the case. I hoping that since it has been fired already that it is OK. Is the rifling that aggressive that it is grabbing the bullet and not letting it into the barrel any farther? Does everyone's P380 do the same. I'd hate to have it blow up on the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Good. I am hoping to shoot the new P380 this weekend so I cleaned and lubed it tonight. It was pretty dirty, so I figured it had been fired.

I was checking it out and dropped a round into the chamber and it fell right in. I then held the barrel and put the nose of the bullet into the other end of the barrel and it doesn't go all the way in. I expected the bullet to go into the barrel and stop at the case. There is an 1/8 inch gap between the barrel and the case. I hoping that since it has been fired already that it is OK. Is the rifling that aggressive that it is grabbing the bullet and not letting it into the barrel any farther? Does everyone's P380 do the same. I'd hate to have it blow up on the first shot.
    1/8" sounds about perfect. The bullet does fit very tightly in the bore of the barrel. You'd have a very hard time indeed trying to push a bullet thru by hand. The lands in the barrel do indeed grab that bullet tight.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Awesome! I'm going to shoot the crap out of this thing!

Default they

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Does Kahr test fire all pistols before shipping them out?
    say they do thats why jost comje dirty, they don't clean aftrer, , kinda proof that they did shoot it, plus saving in cost to reclean.

IMO every new gun should be throughly cleaned and lubed before that first outting.. Don't assume nothing..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY