Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here use Eezox or Weaponshield

I use eezox, even though the smell is worst than Hoppes. I actually like the smell of Hoppes.

I used to use Eezox on my defensive pistols. As a dry lube/corrosion protectant, it works great, but I'm not a fan of the smell or the chemicals it contains. I switched to Weaponshield, and it has worked out just as well as Eezox, or anything else I've tried so far. Plus, I get to support a local business.

I used Eezox happily for a couple of years. Then I started getting the impression (from the feel of racking the slide) that the lubrication might be too thin. So I tried WeaponShield. It was certainly heavier, but was much like a light motor oil, which I felt would attract too much dust in my dry, dusty climate. So I tried Gunzilla and have been happy with it for the past year.

Eezox for cleaning and wipe down. I use other lubricants for high stress areas like rails and locking lugs. Not sure it's required, but it makes me feel better and my guns do work.

I know people use WD-40 and I was once one of those people. I recently saw an older Ruger pistol that was treated with WD-40. The WD-40 had evaporated and left a sticky brown shellack behind. The guys had to run it through an ultrasonic bath to free things up. I wouldn't use it other than for water displacement after a gun got wet. JMHO based on observations.

Where do you guys buy Eezox these days? I've looked at Cabellas, Midway, Bass Pro and not found any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnatw View Post
    Where do you guys buy Eezox these days? I've looked at Cabellas, Midway, Bass Pro and not found any yet.
    I bought it from here: http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/pl-eezox.html#eezox

Thanks Dirksterg, I'll check it out

I have never used either but primarily use Tetra Gun Grease and FP-10.

I am obsessive, and as such I did a ton of research to find the absolute best lubricant made.

Weapons Shield is simply awesome. I use both the oil and grease. After shooting, all I do is wipe all the old oil and residue off (no need to scrub or soak, nothing sticks) and re-lube, reassemble. Thats it. I coat the entire gun, inside and out. It also smells alright.

The same company also makes lubes for other industries. Supposedly its the chemist who helped create Breakfree CLP that everyone loves.