Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TP45 - QC?

not alibing for kahr here eihter. smetimes they turn out a real pos gun. IMO no excuse for it but I see where high dollar kimbers have the same pos issues at times. Price it seems doesn't always signify total reliablity and beauty. IMO ur gun needs to be looked at, for what that is worth anyhow. This forum like most forums can only trouble shoot u so far and then when all else fails it is time to let the makers have it to make it right. Sometmes these guns just need a tweeking that can be done at home instead of sending it back. "We have guys here good at some piddly fixes that maybe should not be , but they are. and then there are issues that only kahr with their immense parts that they can just inter change until it gets right. We don't have that priveldge as u well know...Stick with it, it willget irght. If u love the gun, then IMO give kahr this one chance to make u happy, after that no one will blame you for going to another product.

Guns are not like cars. can u imagine if Ford had 5% of their trucks that the front end fell off after 1000 miles. They would be out of business. It seems like the gun industry accepts even a higher percentage of faults in their products and that just does not seem right. Some say well glocks don't give issues. INDEED THEY DO.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Someplace back about six weeks ago, I started a thread about my PM45 and the burr. Oh no...!

It got just a little worse, and then no worse, and then I filed the burr down with a very sharp little Grobet equaling file. Burr be gone.

As an aside - those little Grobet files are about $35 EACH, are sharper than any other I've ever used, last forever, and cut the best. Worth every penny if you do any serious gun work.

The burr is just some wear in where the slide and barrel edge contact... its no big deal. We're talking duty/carry guns, not bullseye guns. Dont sweat it. The barrel will "brighten" where parts rub, thats normal.

Go and shoot the socks off that pistol!