Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CW45

Complete breakdown of the slide is complete. I didnt build myself the coat hanger tool, just took everything apart inside a gallon freezer bag. Quite easy to disassemble and reassemble.
    I did find that there was an excessive amount of carbon build-up on the extractor, and the small area between the extractor and the corner of the striker face. Quite possible that this was causing the FTE. I completed a functions check and it appears that everything is running smooth.
    I think that I will try to get out again later this week and shoot again.
    Thanks for the help!

had many problems with FTE and the rounds not clearing the ejection port. Sent it back to Kahr and they replaced the extractor and polished the ejector...no problems siince.

Default Observation

After several thorough cleanings and retesting at the range I noticed that there seems to be a burr/rough edge on my barrel
    it's on the extractor side, where the barrel slams into the slide.
    I tried to take several close-ups to no avail. I edited in paint and added an arrow to what I'm talking about.
    Does anyone elses have this rough edge. The top side seems to have a burr that will snag my finger when rubbed across it.
    could this somehow be causing FTE?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (15.5 KB, 69 views)

That occurs quite frequently, many folks here have encountered that. You can just take a fine file and knock off that little bur or some fine sandpaper. Once it's smoothed off it normally doesn't return.

If you just leave it it will probably not get much worse. Just fitting itself a little bit. Doesn't hurt anything. I'd probably clean it up a little as it is a sharp edge that can cut your finger and I do so hate the sight of blood on stainless steel.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That occurs quite frequently, many folks here have encountered that. You can just take a fine file and knock off that little bur or some fine sandpaper. Once it's smoothed off it normally doesn't return.

If you just leave it it will probably not get much worse. Just fitting itself a little bit. Doesn't hurt anything. I'd probably clean it up a little as it is a sharp edge that can cut your finger and I do so hate the sight of blood on stainless steel.
    +1 on what Bawanna said.
    On my CW45, I just knocked the sharp points (on the left) off:

Regards,
    Greg

Boy!! You guys made me go back to my CW45 and take a close look at this part. It certainly looks the same as the pic's posted by Greg.

In any event I don't think this "tip" affects anything with FTE's

Nothing at all really. It's just cosmetic. Like you most dont even notice it until someone points it out. It's definitely a non worry issue for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well after a few minor hiccups, I think the CW45 is up and running smooth.
    I emailed Kahrt to discuss returning the pistol to them for trouble shooting.
    Got a response from Jay stating that since I purchased used that it wouldnt be covered under warranty. He stated that since the round count was unknown, he would suggest checking the recoil spring and the extractor. It was going to cost me $65 for labor, plus parts and shipping. I wasnt about to drop another $100 dollars into the pistol so I decided to order the parts direct from Kahr and give it a shot.
    The parts came yesterday in the mail so I replaced them and took it to the range.
    I also took a file and rubbed the spot on the barrel lug smooth to knock the burr off.

After nearly 80 rounds yesterday, and another 20 or so today, it is malfunction free.
    I guess the extractor was worn enough to not cause a clean bite on the rim of the cartridge.
    The recoil spring that came as a replacement is quite a bit longer and plenty tighter.
    I am glad that the quick fix worked.
    Thanks all for your suggestions.
    PT.
    Now, if only my holster would arrive.

Nice work, it's good to hear you have it up and running
    Regards,
    Greg

Phattony: What holster did you decide upon?