CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YAY! Harleys Home

Default YAY! Harleys Home

Got my Harley from the shop today. My mechanic has been working on a starting problem for a few weeks. Rode it home today. Maybe someday soon spring will arrive here in western Wa. With the outrageous gas prices today, I will be riding to the range, just not for rifle practice,..

Added that last part to make it gun related,....I'm just excited to have the bike back.
    When you can't make them see the light,
    make them feel the heat.

Ronald Reagan

I know ur feelings, u know that ol saying to: If I have to explain u wouldn't understand...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jimbar View Post
    Got my Harley from the shop today. My mechanic has been working on a starting problem for a few weeks. Rode it home today. Maybe someday soon spring will arrive here in western Wa. With the outrageous gas prices today, I will be riding to the range, just not for rifle practice,..

Added that last part to make it gun related,....I'm just excited to have the bike back.
    Harley, Shop, Mechanic. Those 3 words are always seen together.
    I had a new 2002 Wide Glide that I traded after 6 months because of 5 shop visits with problems
    My 2005 VTX 1800 has never had to go to the shop for anything.
    I change my own oil and tires and ride it like I stole it.
    Ride Safe

90% of all Harleys ever built are still on the road... the other 10% made it home !!

have fun with the slogans. today Harley owns 54% of the maket in the U.S. Junk doesnt survive 108 years. Honder 16% no wonder we never see a honder broke down, THEIR AIN'T ANY.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I change my own oil and tires and ride it like I stole it

maybe u did??? Only way I would ride one is if I STOLE IT.
    Now u ride safe now , sonny!!
    damn, I just love these bars!!

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Speaking of Harley's.....here is a great TRUE STORY book to read. I enjoyed it.

http://rossputin.com/blog/index.php/...and-the-harley
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I have a 92 Heritage Softail that runs like a champ. Take a little wrenching now and then, but i enjoy it for the most part. Here's a pic with my ole Massey.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

was that called teal and white back then or acqua. My wife had a 97 Hereitage springer in that color. That was one fine bike, never had an ounc eof trouble wioth it. Kept it for 36,000 miles and sold it for a agrandlessthan I paid for it, and I see it in Terre Haute, all the time with some striiking blonde riding it. She sets the bike and and the bike sets her..,

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

these brand barbs always make me laugh. I have owned more brands of bikes then I can count, most of them one time or another had a problem or two, some maybe two or three. But they all gave me the same great feeling of freedom and a good kick in the pants for last 40 years. They are all just a bunch of nuts and bolts; it's the nut in the saddle that makes them special.

One last thing: Remember every bike is going to go down; its not a question of if just when so lets all ride safe and enjoy our saddle time.

Hey Jocko, you ever get around to doing the 1000 mile Iron Butt ride? I never have.

Harley horror story: Was riding the turnpike one night about midnight. It was pitch black, no moon or nothing, and my lights short out. I was going about 75-80 and couldn't see a damn thing. Might as well of had my eyes shut. I was lucky that I was on a straight part of the road and as I was able to ease off the throttle and put slight pressure on the handle bar and ease off the right side of the road until I felt the rumble strips on the shoulder. Thank god they were there or I'd had no idea when I was off the road, until I hit grass or something worse. I had a buddy riding about a half mile behind me, not sure why he fell so far back, but anyway, he said it looked like I just disappeared. When he got up there, we started back down the highway using his head lights until we got to an exit. We were pretty close to home by then so he just headed on down the road and brought back his pickup and trailer. And pulled it home. We had a little discussion on the way home about riding at night and keeping up.
    What happened, was the previous owner had put that stainless steel mesh stuff over all the exposed wires and cables, and it wore a hole in a wire and shorted out my lights. Needless to say I stripped all that crap off my bike in hurry.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.