Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member and New Kahr Owner... Well... Almost

Default New Member and New Kahr Owner... Well... Almost

Hello all!

This is my first post to this forum. I have been CCing for a few years now and have always admired Kahr's polimer line. Though, I always thought that they were out of my price range... Last month I was walking through a local Gun Shop here in Houston, TX and saw the Kahr CW9 and CW40. Price: 379.99!! I couldn't believe it, I paid $330 for my LCP and I could of bought a Kahr for $50 more?? I was both pissed and excited. Pissed because I knew that I would be selling my LCP and probably taking a huge loss on it and excited because I realized I could afford a Kahr. So I went home and did a ton of research... then went to a local range that had the CW9 for rental. I LOVED the way the gun felt in hand and the way it shot. I was sold!

I sold my 250 round old OD Green LCP this past weekend (got 225 for it with an extra mag and a galco IWB holster and a box of Gold Dots... yeah I know I may have gotten ripped but i sold it to a good buddy of mine). I'm going to the gun store today as soon as I get off work to pick up the CW9. My Comp-Tac Minotaur for it came in yesterday (most comfotable holster I've ever worn).

I am planning to go to the range for the 200 round break in tomorrow. I will update this thread with my results (and some pictures if possible).

The one thing that I don't like about the gun at first glance is the magazine plate. I looks cheap to me. Anyone else share this opinion? Any way to fix this? I heard someone on YouTube talking about replacing the plate with a PM 9MM plate??

Will update soon,

-BMC

first of all buy the damn gun, then go to the kahr tech section and hit on two sticky's that will assure your cw9 of a sucessful first outting.

Kahr lube chart

Propper prepping of your new kahr

follow both and you will have zero anything.

address the floor palte thing kwhen the gun is perfect, who knows u might bet used to it. It gives no issues either.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    first of all buy the damn gun, then go to the kahr tech section and hit on two sticky's that will assure your cw9 of a sucessful first outting.

Kahr lube chart

Propper prepping of your new kahr

follow both and you will have zero anything.

address the floor palte thing kwhen the gun is perfect, who knows u might bet used to it. It gives no issues either.

OK! Haha I'm buying the gun in 4 hours. Thanks for the tips.

-BMC

Welcome to Kahrtalk!

Did you pocket carry your LCP? Do you plan on pocket carrying your new Kahr? If pocket carry is in your plans then, in my opinion, you want to check out a CM9 before laying your money down. If IWB or OWB then forget what I just wrote.

Best of luck with whatever your choice.

Bill K.

Yeah, a buddy let me feel his CW9 before I was able to find one. Sometimes when you hold something you just know you have to own it.

Welcome to the forum!

Don't worry about the plate. They're tougher than they might look.
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

Hey there buddy and welcome to KahrTalk.You sound pretty excited about your new handgun and we`re happy and excited for you.Do the clean and lube and the prep and let us know how things go at the range.We`re pulling for you.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Welcome to the forum bclark11! Hope your new gun works out well.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    Welcome to Kahrtalk!

Did you pocket carry your LCP? Do you plan on pocket carrying your new Kahr? If pocket carry is in your plans then, in my opinion, you want to check out a CM9 before laying your money down. If IWB or OWB then forget what I just wrote.

Best of luck with whatever your choice.

Bill K.
    I carried the LCP IWB with a Galco "tuc" holster. I have already purchased a Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB holster for the CW. Fits like a glove and very comfortable, as expected. Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by aray View Post
    Yeah, a buddy let me feel his CW9 before I was able to find one. Sometimes when you hold something you just know you have to own it.

Welcome to the forum!

Don't worry about the plate. They're tougher than they might look.
    I know what you mean. Thanks for the welcome.

-BMC

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich View Post
    Hey there buddy and welcome to KahrTalk.You sound pretty excited about your new handgun and we`re happy and excited for you.Do the clean and lube and the prep and let us know how things go at the range.We`re pulling for you.
    Will do, thanks!!

-BMC