Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PM45....ported?

Default PM45....ported?

Did Kahr ever sell a ported PM45?
    I was calling around today looking for a CM9, got to talking with the sales guy. He said the shop just took in a super clean PM45 with "factory porting" He said this PM is in pristine condition but only comes with one mag, he'd let it go for $500....

hmmmmm
    -The Destroyer Approaches
    eyes to the south

I sure don't recall ever hearing of one. I wonder if it went to magna port? They sure look factory when they come back.

I'm pondering sending my PM45 off for the Magna Port treatment. It really don't need it but it looks real cool and it certainly can't hurt anything. Might tone down the flip a little.

At 500, I believe I'd scoop it up, especially if it is Magna Ported. I wonder if its one of those longer barrel types where it's ported in front of the slide?

Worth going to look at anyhow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The only auto I ever ported...

I took a .45 Commander, and ported it. I EDM'd trapezoids in the barrel, behind the bushing, and I EDM'd ovals in the slide to correspond with the trapezoids. I had to enlarge the ovals twice in order for it to function (that is, let enough gas out). Then the problem was the bushing would get debris on it, and I'd have failure to go into battery. So... I reduced the diameter of the barrel about .005 overall, and that left a more pronounced fitted area for the bushing. Then I ground splines in the barrel's bushing area. Those were about .025 wide by about .010 deep. The splines did the trick, and the dirt and crap just pushed out the spline grooves, past the bushing.

If someone said port this PM, I'd put in a longer barrel and port the part that sticks out. I think someone here had one like that.

Bawanna, I'd leave it alone. The PM's have a rather large open ejection port, where the clearance cut is. You're gonna get gas and debris come out of there like poo fountain with every shot. I cant see any port on the forward part of the slide overcoming poo coming out that side opening.

I've ported lots of revolvers and single shots for me, and for customers, but... when you port the auto's... there is a lot more involved.

Default he

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    Did Kahr ever sell a ported PM45?
    I was calling around today looking for a CM9, got to talking with the sales guy. He said the shop just took in a super clean PM45 with "factory porting" He said this PM is in pristine condition but only comes with one mag, he'd let it go for $500....

hmmmmm
    if u don't mind is full of crapola!!!

but the price is good.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I have my Pm9 ported, My G19 ported my K9 ported all by magna port. NO poo fountain crapola that ur talking about. Shot magna ported guns for over 30 years, I centainly think mag na port knows how to port semi's. Probably in my 30+ years of owning guns, have had at least a dozen or more by magna port..I don't want to dispute what your work has shown but I certainly have a very good idea how magna ports system works and no POO on any of my guns. I think Bawanna has a magna ported K9. No bushings in the PM45 by kahr
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Sooooo.....If the PM45 in question has ports then they are likely aftermarket.

This shop is not exactly close, I don't know if its worth the ride(with gas >$4.00/gal) to maybe find some possible basement drill press special....and where the hell is its second mag??
    -The Destroyer Approaches
    eyes to the south

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    Sooooo.....If the PM45 in question has ports then they are likely aftermarket.

This shop is not exactly close, I don't know if its worth the ride(with gas >$4.00/gal) to maybe find some possible basement drill press special....and where the hell is its second mag??
    Maybe they would send you a picture. Should be able to tell if it the drill press special or Magna Port.
    I have a K40 magna ported, it worked well.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I have my Pm9 ported...NO poo fountain crapola that ur talking about.
    I'm glad! The clearance cut does present a problem for egress. Did they port the slide and barrel? I'd LOVE to see a picture.

Try not to confuse the two scenario's I mentioned Jocko. The 1911 worked great, but during its perfection, I did encounter the space between the barr el and slide becoming pressurized, and the slide wouldn't hardly cycle at all! The extra venting fixed that. I know there is a LOT of gas that is created when you have to run the ports back a little more, since the 1911's have the bushing right were you'd like the ports to end up. The splined bushing thing, come to recall it more... was probably due to the lubed lead bullets, that I had an unlimited supply of at the time (we took range lead and recast it into our own bullets for our own range reloads).

On the Kahr's, that cut on the slide at the port... is largely covered once the slide cycles a little, and brass does fly out there anyway... but the gas would make me very cautious. If its not a problem, then I'm being overly careful (and relying on my own experience).

Jocko.... I'd love to see a pic or two of that ported PM9... (drool drool)

http://kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?a...2&d=1274058538

Heres one shot of my K40. I think theres a couple more. There was a thread with some action shots with pretty cool light shows.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan