Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What years were T9s made?

Default What years were T9s made?

It seems every T9 I've seen has a PA serial number, which, according to the serial number/DOB chart, means the year of manufacture was 2002 or 2003. Is why they are so scarce? Are they still made? Does anyone have a T9 with a serial number that doesn't start with PA?

Just wondering out loud...
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

PA for me

Default Just a SWAG

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    It seems every T9 I've seen has a PA serial number, which, according to the serial number/DOB chart, means the year of manufacture was 2002 or 2003. Is why they are so scarce? Are they still made? Does anyone have a T9 with a serial number that doesn't start with PA?

Just wondering out loud...
    here is my 2 cents on this. or a SCIENTIFIC WILD ASS GUESS. The T9 is probalby their worst seller, in total numbers.. and when they make a gun they might start out with a ALPHA lettering such as PA and designate a alpha change maybe to PB after lets say 10,000 units have been made.

I would put more presidence on the acutal numbers after the PA stampings. They would give u an indication of when it was made and a call to kahr with all ur numbers will get u a birth date to.. If u find a NIB T9 at a dealer with the PA alpha lettering, you can bet ur bottom dollars that gun is not 7 years old either.

If one goes to the archives on kahr PM9 guns, they change alpha lettering every 10,000 units.

Mines a PA old stock purchased two years ago. Ser# under 900

From what I understand they were done in a limited run/s. I would like to have one, but I suppose my K is not that much different in dimensions. I really like the way the T feels in my hand though.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

T9 has a near perfect ergonomic fit for me.

I liked mine too but did note that the special wood grip is fat or rounded enough that I could get a lot more rounds in a Springfield XD or other frame with a wider mag yet similar grip feel. The T series is actually a departure from the feel of the other Kahr models.

I just purchaesd a new from factury T-9 with a sn# PA 11##. It was shipped from Kahr last week. Nice feel, will range test next week. Pictures later.....

I have a PA serial number in the LOW one hundreds T-9 now. It was made in June, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    I have a PA serial number in the LOW one hundreds T-9 now. It was made in June, 2002
    That's about my number... PA 014X. If PA 11XX just came out in 2011, then there aren't very many T9s available. Sounds like only 100 or so per year. No wonder you don't see them every day.

I have my T9 listed for sale on another site. Maybe I should keep it if it's this rare.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.