Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: T9 back from Robar w/pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dannyeller,

Again, thank you for your service. I am sure you hear it a lot but it is heartfelt. My wife has a cousin who's best friend was initiated with a pitch black night time jump into some place like Panama (he couldn't say or he'd have to kill me... ). He said it was a "hell of a ride" and some of the guys didn't make it (trees, drowning etc.). Not sure how true the rest was but...thanks again (again).

Good looking Kahrs BTW.

I have been thinking of having the Magnaporting done to my MK9 Elite but not sure ATM. Oh, where can I get three of those mini grip extensions on the T9 as my Pierce extensions "pop off" with the slightest push. Rather embarrassing when the bullets go falling all over the ground in a store.

Default Kahr grip extensions

Thank you for the kind words. Your friend must have been with the 82nd. They would have jumped onto a secure drop zone had they not missed it. Most of them landed outside the airfield perimeter and either landed in the swamp or right on top of the PDF that were running from us. The PDF must have thought we really had our act together having paratroopers jumping right on top of them as they ran through the jungle. Actually... one of the bigger gun fights occurred as 82nd units tried to infiltrate the Ranger secured airfield.

The mag bases you see are the ones that come with the longer T9 and T40 magazines. I'm not sure if Kahr sells them separately but you can find them on the T9 parts list and you can see the part number on the parts schematic all located on the Kahr website. They fit my MK40 magazines and for the life of me I can't see any difference between the 9mm and 40cal Kahr mags. I've shot the T9 mags in my MK40 with no problems. The only difference is that only 7rds of 40cal instead of 8rds of 9mm fit in them.

You must have some defective Grip extensions as I use those very same ones on my MK40. It kicks like a mule so if they were going to come off they certainly would have by now. I've put well over 500rds through the MK40 so far. There is a little plastic base that goes on the bottom of the spring. It has a round raised area on one side that pops up into the finger extension once you slide it on. Make sure it is popped back into the hole located in the middle of the finger extension.

I'm not sure that the mag-na-port will make too much difference on the MK9. Although the 40cal is only slightly bigger than the 9mm, the 40cal operates at much higher pressure levels. That higher pressure helps the mag-na-port work. The MK40 certainly needs the help. I can't imagine shooting the much lighter PM40 being "in any way fun" as I'm ready to call it a day after only about 60 to 80 rounds with the much heavier MK40. I was thinking of getting some of the Buffalo Bore 180+Ps. But after several range sessions I've changed my mind. My carry loads are now either Mag-Safes (mini-Glock load) or Corbon 135/155s but I'm going to try some of those Critical Defense 40s in 165grs pushing over 1100fps in a 4" Glock.

In the T9 I use either Mag-Safes or Buffalo Bore 147gr +Ps. The 147gr +Ps come out of my T9 between 1150 & 1200fps. I'm not even sure these are going to over penetrate as they open up much bigger than quarter.

Hope this helps.