Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T9 back from Robar w/pics

Super nice looking guns! Glad you made it home safe, and thanks for your service. Wish Kahr would have treated you better and not made you pay for the shipping.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Talking At the range with the Robar T9 & MK40

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    Boy, I had to come back to this thread again to admire your pistols. They are truly beautiful.

Did you shoot your pistols before the Robar work and if so, do you notice any difference is function and smoothness of action?
    Yes I did fire them before and after. They had several hick-ups during my initial 200 plus rounds before I sent them out. I also did quite a bit of work on them myself in addition to sending them to Kahr for some warranty work.

I definitely feel the difference! The slide action and overall operation on both are smooth and the trigger seems not only smoother but also a little lighter. That must be from my polishing them some before sending both to Robar and Robar's self lubrication NP3 finish on all of the internal parts.

See my previous posts for more details.
    Last edited by dannyeller; 04-25-2011 at 09:29 AM.

I think even ROBAR recomends putting a few hundred rounds through a pistol before sending it to them.

If you have any slight fit & finish problems, like maybe a spot where you can see the slide wearing against the frame or something like that, you're better off letting those parts wear together and smooth out through shooting and then send it in. You can smooth it down by polishing it yourself, but anyway, the idea is smooth everything out before getting coated, otherwise you're coating a spot with NP3 that you know is going to get a lot of extraordinary stress and wear.

Quote Originally Posted by C0untZer0 View Post
    I think even ROBAR recomends putting a few hundred rounds through a pistol before sending it to them.

If you have any slight fit & finish problems, like maybe a spot where you can see the slide wearing against the frame or something like that, you're better off letting those parts wear together and smooth out through shooting and then send it in. You can smooth it down by polishing it yourself, but anyway, the idea is smooth everything out before getting coated, otherwise you're coating a spot with NP3 that you know is going to get a lot of extraordinary stress and wear.
    That is a good point. I did put more than 200 rounds through both and a great deal of polishing some critical areas and some very rough areas in the magwel before sending them to Robar.

Beautiful pistols! I have said it before, but I do love the T9s. Have not had a chance to pick one up, but they feel so good in my hand. NP3 does slick up the internals quite a bit. I have experienced that on a few guns. I like to have my AR bolt-carrier assemblies coated with NP3 as it really helps their function when dry. Fantastic stuff!
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Were/are you an Armorer in the service? Seems like you might be judging from the work you've done yourself on the pistols.

BTW, this old fart former Marine and Viet Nam vet also thanks you for your service.

Bill K.

Dannyeller,

Wow!!! The black T9 is simply gorgeous.
    It has maximum drool factor and definately qualifies as a family heirloom.

Welcome home and welcome to KahrTalk.

Baby you can drive my car
    Yes I'm gonna be a star
    Baby you can drive my car
    And maybe I'll love you

Beep beep-m beep beep yeah
    ( J. Lennon, P. McCartney )

Kahr PM9094N
    High Standard Military Trophy
    Bernardelli Vest Pocket
    Others...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    Were/are you an Armorer in the service? Seems like you might be judging from the work you've done yourself on the pistols.

BTW, this old fart former Marine and Viet Nam vet also thanks you for your service.

Bill K.
    Bill,

Negative on the armorer in the military. Although I did work with the Rangers on numerous occasions including jumping into Panama I usually was on the low-speed high-drag side of Special OPS.

My gun work'n skills came mainly out of trying to get things to work right during IPSC matches without paying out a couple of car payments to someone else for what might work. Although those skills did help during some law enforcement and military work.

I also worked with the Marines on occasion. Those armored Winabegos you guys ride in were pretty smooth but the ride off a ship in one was far more scary than jumping out of an airplane any day. I also learned that the Navy treated you all like hand-me-down redheaded stepchildren and that the Marine Corp brass made life suck as policy for most grunts. My hat is off to all the Jarheads for putting up with it.

And thanks for the kind words.
    Last edited by dannyeller; 05-11-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Dannyeller,

Again, thank you for your service. I am sure you hear it a lot but it is heartfelt. My wife has a cousin who's best friend was initiated with a pitch black night time jump into some place like Panama (he couldn't say or he'd have to kill me... ). He said it was a "hell of a ride" and some of the guys didn't make it (trees, drowning etc.). Not sure how true the rest was but...thanks again (again).

Good looking Kahrs BTW.

I have been thinking of having the Magnaporting done to my MK9 Elite but not sure ATM. Oh, where can I get three of those mini grip extensions on the T9 as my Pierce extensions "pop off" with the slightest push. Rather embarrassing when the bullets go falling all over the ground in a store.

Default Kahr grip extensions

Thank you for the kind words. Your friend must have been with the 82nd. They would have jumped onto a secure drop zone had they not missed it. Most of them landed outside the airfield perimeter and either landed in the swamp or right on top of the PDF that were running from us. The PDF must have thought we really had our act together having paratroopers jumping right on top of them as they ran through the jungle. Actually... one of the bigger gun fights occurred as 82nd units tried to infiltrate the Ranger secured airfield.

The mag bases you see are the ones that come with the longer T9 and T40 magazines. I'm not sure if Kahr sells them separately but you can find them on the T9 parts list and you can see the part number on the parts schematic all located on the Kahr website. They fit my MK40 magazines and for the life of me I can't see any difference between the 9mm and 40cal Kahr mags. I've shot the T9 mags in my MK40 with no problems. The only difference is that only 7rds of 40cal instead of 8rds of 9mm fit in them.

You must have some defective Grip extensions as I use those very same ones on my MK40. It kicks like a mule so if they were going to come off they certainly would have by now. I've put well over 500rds through the MK40 so far. There is a little plastic base that goes on the bottom of the spring. It has a round raised area on one side that pops up into the finger extension once you slide it on. Make sure it is popped back into the hole located in the middle of the finger extension.

I'm not sure that the mag-na-port will make too much difference on the MK9. Although the 40cal is only slightly bigger than the 9mm, the 40cal operates at much higher pressure levels. That higher pressure helps the mag-na-port work. The MK40 certainly needs the help. I can't imagine shooting the much lighter PM40 being "in any way fun" as I'm ready to call it a day after only about 60 to 80 rounds with the much heavier MK40. I was thinking of getting some of the Buffalo Bore 180+Ps. But after several range sessions I've changed my mind. My carry loads are now either Mag-Safes (mini-Glock load) or Corbon 135/155s but I'm going to try some of those Critical Defense 40s in 165grs pushing over 1100fps in a 4" Glock.

In the T9 I use either Mag-Safes or Buffalo Bore 147gr +Ps. The 147gr +Ps come out of my T9 between 1150 & 1200fps. I'm not even sure these are going to over penetrate as they open up much bigger than quarter.

Hope this helps.