Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Loose rear sight MK9

Default Loose rear sight MK9

Before I call Kahr, I thought I'd get some help from the forum members:

New MK9, 400 rounds so far: rear sight is loose! It moves about 1/8" from side to side with minimal finger pressure and then meets resistance and stops. It appears that I could, with greater finger pressure on the left side, remove the sight from the right side. At both extremes it is not centered and is loose enough that I fear I will lose it during normal carry. It seems to be getting worse as I fiddle with it while typing this post.

Suggestions? Fixes? Or should I just call the Mothership?

Thanks.

Loctite will hold it in place.
    Regards,
    Greg

If you think it will come off without difficulty you could also clamp it in a vise upside down and take a center punch and put a few dimples in the base. Your creating high spots so it takes up more space in the dovetail. While it's out you could also gently take a brass hammer and give the top edges of the dovetail a little tap.
    Doing this in addition to GB's locktite should anchor that sight for the long run.

Locktite alone would probably hold it but a little mechanical edge might be a good thing too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If you think it will come off without difficulty you could also clamp it in a vise upside down and take a center punch and put a few dimples in the base. Your creating high spots so it takes up more space in the dovetail. While it's out you could also gently take a brass hammer and give the top edges of the dovetail a little tap.
    Doing this in addition to GB's locktite should anchor that sight for the long run.

Locktite alone would probably hold it but a little mechanical edge might be a good thing too.
    Boy, you are sophisticated when it comes to gunsmithing. I solved the same problem on the PM9 with a tiny smear of superglue [no locktite handy]. Of course the sight is now totally immovable now, but it no longer falls into my lap when I'm cleaning the gun.

everything you readhere will workl. Pick your own poison. Definitely no need to send it back..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I would send it in, its a new gun and the sight is falling out. yeah you can fix it maybe, but now its new, in a year it wont be. Unless the fixes listed are the normal way its done, then its up to you. But I dont think so, itsToo much money to accept but thats me and I can go overboard. I mean I have had sigs, hk, S&W, barettas etc and never had a sight falling off, its not right. It doesnt make Kahr bad, stuff happens just fix it.

Thanks for the replies. Kahr suggested I have them send a new sight or send the slide to them. Yes, it's a new gun and I want to shoot it, so I asked for the part and went with the super glue as a temporary fix (very little glue).

Thanks again....