Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: new to me MK9 and pocket holster

Default new to me MK9 and pocket holster

The MK9 had been on my radar screen for a while. I bought this nearly new beauty from a local forum member. I put wood grips on it as soon as I got it. Shoots like a dream and makes a perfect CCW. Only thing is that she's breaking my heart lately. Every once in a while the slide will lock back before the mag is empty. I read the post below with the same issues and it has certainly given me a few things to investigate. I also intend to polish the feed ramp this weekend. My thumbs are nowhere near the slide when I shoot and I know I'm not limp-wrisiting. If anyone has other suggestions I'm all ears.

After seeing Rotty's post I had to order up an RGrizzle pocket holster for myself.

love that holster. I will PM u for a fix..

A real beauty. Just broke in my new MK9 today. Have the wood grips on order. I have my PM9 in a Don Hume pocket holster which is well made and works. The MK9 goes on the belt owb. When out tonight with a sweater covering it. Spoke to a friend and he wondered where the gun was. He could not find it without touching me. A great CCW and a great gun. Enjoy your new purchase.
    "Honey, can I buy another gun?" Why another gun? "I just found out that I am two guns short of never enough."

Thanks to both of you. Jocko, looking forward to hearing a fix.
    This holster is mainly for carry in a coat pocket. I also got a Tucker Silent Thunder that I'll post pics of in the holster forum. I wore it for the first time today and it's a smash hit.

edited to add:
    Your gonna love the wood grips. They're very comfortable and give the gun a distinguished look. I do like the stock grips as well though. If I had two MK9s...

Congrat, Photoshooter. It's a BEAUTY! I love wood grip, they always give the gun a classy look.

Thanks Wagon. When I ordered the wood grips I was a little concerned that they may be to thick but that wasn't the case at all. They're very comfortable.