Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CM9

Default New CM9

Shot a PM9 last week. I just picked up a CM9 last night. Impressive quality. Won't get to shoot it until next week. Paid $480 @ Cabelas. Found it online and in-stock at Kyle's Gun Shop for the same price. I know, could have waited a few months and saved some money.

I did clean it, had lots of oil but no visible grease like my SR9c did.

Is there a place to buy factory magazines at a lower price?

Should I stay with 6 round mags? Does the Pearce extender work well?

Scott

go to the kahr techsection ad hit on KAHR LUBE CHART AND ALSO PROPPER PREPPINGa OF YOUR NEW KAHR, both will make ttis first shoot a fun one. Nice gun, you didn't pay to much IMO and heh, u got it and many are still looking.

IMO stick with kahr only magazines and I would stick with 6 round mags. They work perfect and sometimes the extended 7 round mag gives some issues. Just my two cents. You got one hell of a nice shooter there. take ur time, and indeed read those two threads, theya re there to help you with a new shooter..

also if u find 6 round mags made by kahr and they say for PM9, they are interchangeable.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Congrats, I just got a cm9 a few days ago to to add to my pm9. I've decided to play hookie today and am going up to break it in. Good luck with yours.

Can't seem to find the Kahr Lube Chart.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=308

It's in the tech section, near the prep thread.

Good luck with your new gun, I know your gonna love it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1521
    jocko's proper prep thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Joseph View Post
    Congrats, I just got a cm9 a few days ago to to add to my pm9. I've decided to play hookie today and am going up to break it in. Good luck with yours.
    I'm looking to buy my first Kahr, either a CM9 or PM9, which ever I find first. Is there any advantage to either one over the other one since you do own both, and out of curiousity is there a specific reason for having both at the same time? Envy you though, I'm trying to find one and you have two.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I'm looking to buy my first Kahr, either a CM9 or PM9, which ever I find first. Is there any advantage to either one over the other one since you do own both, and out of curiousity is there a specific reason for having both at the same time? Envy you though, I'm trying to find one and you have two.
    I bought my pm9 2 years ago, there wasn't a cm9 until a month ago. If the cm9 was available then, I'd only have the cm9 now. I also have the cw9. Shooting the cm9 today felt exactly like shooting my pm9 and I was more accurate with the cm9 than I was with my pm9 a couple of months ago when I shot it. IMO, the best shooting gun is the cw9, hardly feel any recoil and it's just plain accurate. The little guns are harder for me. But then again, the cw is not a pocket gun and I don't feel concealed when I carry it. So now the cw is the next to bed gun and the cm and pm will trade with each other depending on my mood, and since I bought the cm9 last week I've carried both at the same time all week, but now the cm is broken in, I'll just carry it or the pm now.

Chief Joseph-
    Thanks for the reply. One more question, if you had neither gun and knowing what you know now and there was only $100-$135 difference in price between the two guns, and considering you only get one mag with the CM9 which would add to the price of the CM9 for a 2nd mag, would you still pick the CM9? Excuse the long sentence, couldn't figure out where to break it.

I always figure using someone else's experience can be very beneficially and save costly mistakes. Appreciate all your input.

Allen

Honestly, I would go the cheaper route myself, but that's just me. Even if it's only a 60 dollar savings. When cm9 becomes fully stocked I think there will be a larger price difference between the 2. I think the cm9 is a bit inflated right now. It's a personal choice, for only 60 difference it may be worth it to go ahead and get the pm9, with having 2 mags. But I'm cheap.