Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9/PM9 vs. G26/G27...do I need a CM9?

Default CM9/PM9 vs. G26/G27...do I need a CM9?

Currently I carry a Glock G27 as my primary legal CCW with my Ruger LCP filling the gap when I need to carry something smaller. Question is, do I need a CM9 for carry on the days when the G27 is too big? Could someone with a G26/26 and CM/PM9 post a photo of the pistols side by side to show how much smaller the CM9 is in width. If the CM9 is much narrower, then I think I may be justified in getting one. I'd need to sell something else to buy a CM9 so I want to be sure I 'need' it before I take the jump.

Another consideration is that I ride bicycle quite a bit and I carry the LCP in my back jersey pocket. If some psycho decides that this is the day he is going to run me down, provided the situation allows me to bring my sidearm to bear (like he wants to savor the moment), I have little hope that my .380 would punch through a windshield to save my life. The G27 is too heavy for that location where as the CM9 may give me a third more viable option.

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I love that guy's charts (he posts them a lot at either TheFiringLine.com or TheHighRoad.org), but I wish he did the width comparison better. There is no need for both the top and bottom picture - they are essentially the same and all of the data could be presented in a single picture. Having width pictures would be a lot better than just the gray boxes in the middle.

For me, the width difference is huge. But, that takes into account both the concealability and the size of the grip, which I don't like with my small hands.

I own both a G27 and a PM9 (same size as a CM9). If you buy the CM9 I predict it'll be your #1 carry gun. So lite and easy to carry you'll be hooked in no time.
    Kahr P380 (part owner)
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr PM45
    Kahr MK9 Elite 03
    Springfield XDs .45 3.3
    Springfield XDm .40 Compact 3.8
    Springfield XDm 9mm 3.8

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    .....Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, you're right. A width comparison would be better on those two especially.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by crazymailman View Post
    That is excellent info! (from everyone) I think I'll work on obtaining the funds and then do a side by side at a gunshop.

Lower weight and width should help for everything except during the times that I need really small and light for my CCW.

Anyone have a pocket holster with a lower profile than the Nemesis? On my LCP the holster (in comparison) adds a fair bit of depth to the overall width measurement. Some type of skeleton pocket holster that would not add to the overall width would benefit the LCP, CM9 and G27.

In concealed carry, every little bit helps.

Hey Kelev Gadohl (Big Dog?),

I tried to leave this to somebody here with photographic skills, but as nobody was chiming in, here's a couple of pics of the Glock 26 beside the PM9.

Cheers
    PP

Quote Originally Posted by PattayaPistol View Post
    I tried to leave this to somebody here with photographic skills, but as nobody was chiming in, here's a couple of pics of the Glock 26 beside the PM9.

Cheers
    PP
    Thanks PP

I've tried lightened up your images a bit to see the differences a little better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers Big Dog,

I will work on my photography skills, though to be honest, I have little interest so I don't expect much improvement. I can just rely on you other guys to try to get something from my pics.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by PattayaPistol View Post
    Hey Kelev Gadohl (Big Dog?),

Cheers
    PP
    Quote Originally Posted by KelevGadohl View Post
    Thanks PP

I've tried lightened up your images a bit to see the differences a little better.

Thanks Guys! Good looking out. Now that I see them together, I understand better why I never enjoyed shooting Glocks. It just doesn't fit my hands right.

Ken