Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedside holster question.

Default Bedside holster question.

So I got my PM9 yesterday. Prepped last night and ready to hit the range!

Anyway, last night I had it sitting on my bedside table. This is my first DAO pistol and I am not entirely comfortable with the idea of possibly fumbling for it in the dark. After all, how can I use the "safety" if I can't see the trigger I do not want to squeeze!

That got me thinking that I would like to get a kydex type holster/clip that securely retains the gun that I could mount to my nightstand (as in literally screw it straight into the leg) at a comfortable height for rolling out of bed. I have seen the Crossbreed mattress idea and sort of like it, but I think this would fit my needs better.

So, does anyone know of a specific plastic holster that I could mount like this?

Thanks, Michael

There are a couple of makers that have a little thing that you slide between the mattress and box springs that allows you to use your regular holster. My pistol of the day rides naked on the night stand. Muscle memory is strong even asleep. The biggest worry I have is sleeping with one in hand, not a good idea for me. Fobus or perhaps uncle mike's might be just right for that kind of mount.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Fobus might be good. They have a model that rotates all around to whatever angle works best. I think they have a model designed for that. Can be mounted under a desk or whereever. I don't think they are a great carry holster but for this application they should work.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Magnet. Bolt/screw magnet to nightstand (or headboard of bed), attach slide to magnet.
    Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
    Magnet. Bolt/screw magnet to nightstand (or headboard of bed), attach slide to magnet.
    I think that is a great idea. Even a strip magnet on the bottom of a metal Harvard bed frame would probably hold a gun pretty well, and if you have a bed skirt it would not show at all.

If you don't feel like making a trip to HomeDepot or Lowes you can order one here: magnet gunholster

Might even cost less then picking up something locally (factoring in tax, gas and your time)

That magnet gun holster is awesome looking. Might just have to buy a couple!!

Those are some great suggestions, thanks. The magnets look really cool!

My concern remains that in the dark it is difficult to know where you are grabbing. (I seriously doubt I am going to practice my bedside draw enough to develop true muscle memory for this one!). With those magnets holding the gun the trigger is still waiting there to be grabbed. I would just logically think that even if it is slight, it increases the chance of a ND. I guess they are cheap enough to give it a shot and see how they work.

I will let you know if I do pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by vwkismet View Post
    Those are some great suggestions, thanks. The magnets look really cool!

My concern remains that in the dark it is difficult to know where you are grabbing. With those magnets holding the gun the trigger is still waiting there to be grabbed.
    Some options to take care of the exposed trigger would be:

1) buy an inexpensive nylon/leather holster with a metal spring clip that the magnet will hold in place

2) buy a cheap nylon holster like an uncle mikes, remove the plastic clip and while the gun is in it, the magnet "should" be strong enough to hold the gun/holster in place and when/if you have to draw the gun, the holster will/should just fall to the floor

3) get (or make) a "trigger" holster, such as This, and either wrap the cord around the magnet before attaching it to where ever you decide to put the magnet, or attach the cord to something near where you place the magnet

An additional option is using/making something (such as jlott mentioned) like This, instead of a magnet.